There are certain criteria that you must look for before you watch a movie stoned. Will it make you laugh? Will the music be right for you? Will the graphics come out and grab you? Finally, if it's a horror movie will it make you scream or pee in your pants? These are things you want to know prior to watching these movies stoned. Here's my list and I hope you can agree with me. If not feel free to point out the error of my ways.
10. Heavy Metal - These stories are taken from the comic book of the same name. It is a collection of good versus evil. The green orb which is the evil of all the galaxy is brought back to earth and wreaks havoc. The music is classic and the animation is beautiful. The cast includes the voices of Don Franck's, Al Waxman, John Candy, Eugene Levy, and Harold Ramis.
9. Easy Rider - This is pure hippie and drugs, and the music is pretty cool also. Two bikers ride the road toward Mardis Gras in New Orleans. Along the way they meet up with other people who are also trying to find themselves. They encounter hatred, anger, love, and death as they travel the long and winding road. The cast includes Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Antonio Mendoza, Phil Spector, and Jack Nicholson.
8.Friday The 13th (1980) - Mother goes on the warpath over the fact that they just reopened the summer camp where her son Jason died many years ago. The graphics are unbelievable especially the gory decapitations. This movie will keep you way back in your seat and if you have a girl on your arm you better wear a long sleeved shirt. She will draw blood on your arm when she squeezes it. The cast includes Betsy Palmer, Adrienne King , Jeannine Taylor, and Kevin Bacon.
7.Altered States - A professor is trying to get inside his mind. He is using mind altering drugs combined with a isolation chamber. This later causes his body to regress as he becomes first Neanderthal and then ape like. This movie stars William Hurt, Blair Brown, Bob Balaban and Charles Haid.
6.Yellow Submarine - This musical romp with the Beatles and animation leaves you tripping through the flowers and wishing you were young again. The music is excellent even as the story is lacking in sense but it gives you the visuals that will make up for everything . The cast includes The Beatles, Paul Angelis, and John Clive.
5. Wizard of Oz - Dorothy and her dog Toto are swept up into a tornado and land in a place called Oz. She must be aware and afraid of the wicked witch of the west. She is befriended by the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow. They march down the yellow brick road to see the Wizard and hopefully get back home to Kansas. The cast includes Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley, and Margaret Hamilton.
4. 2001 Space Odyssey - A monolith is placed on the Earth to help the animals and prehistoric man to evolve into the man of today. As man grows up more monoliths are placed along the way. Such as on the moon and others. People are trying to find the individuals behind the monoliths and to see where we will end up on the evolutionary scale. The cast includes Keir Dullea, Gary Lockwood, William Sylvester, and Daniel Richter.
3. Woodstock - In Upper New York State a concert was held in 1969 and it was three days of peace or at least that was how it was promoted. The people behind the show did all they could to prepare but when half a million people showed up it became a free concert. The musicians had to be choppered in as the interstates were jammed. Food was brought in and you bathed in ponds all over the fields. The cast of Richie Havens, Joan Baez, The Who, Crosby Stills and Nash, Ten Years After, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, and Janis Joplin make this one of the best shows ever played.
2.Up In Smoke - Two men wanting to be in a band meet up on the road and unite to try to put a group together. Along the way they are trying to stay constantly stoned and sometimes they have to go through quite a bit of trouble just to get high. The cast includes Tommy Chong, Cheech Marin, Strother Martin, Edie Adams, Tom Skerritt, and Stacy Keach.
1. Pink Floyd: The Wall - This is the movie. With its animation, graphics, and music by the band Pink Floyd, one can say that this is the ultimate movie you want to be stoned for. Pink is in a band and is getting strung out. He goes back to his childhood and thinks of all the things he has done in his life. He finally goes berserk in a hotel room and finds his true self. The cast includes Bob Geldorf, Christine Hargreaves, James Laurenson, Kevin McKeon, and Bob Hoskins.
These are just some of the movies that if you can be stoned for then you want to make sure you are. I know that there are others that you can think of and by all means please let me know but these are just a few of the ones I have enjoyed along the way when I was Comfortably Numb.