Halle Berry was born August 14,1966 in Cleveland, Ohio. Her parents worked in the medical field. She first made headlines when in 1985 she won the Miss Teen All American Pageant and a year later when she was runner-up in the Miss USA pageant. She worked some on television and did some modeling before she made her way to the big screen. This is not a best of list it is simply a compilation list of some of her movies.
12. The Last Boy Scout (1991) - A down on his luck Detective teams up with a down and out ex-quarterback and they investigate a murder, a politician, and the owner of a football team. The two put all of this together to get down to the truth of a girls murder.Dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's in the process. The movie also stars Bruce Willis, Damon Wayons, and Chelsea Field.
11. Boomerang (1992) - An Ad Executive has his way with all kinds of women until his company merges with another and he is faced with a boss who does the same to men and he is stymied. His work goes downhill and the girlfriend of his friend tries to bring him out of his depression. The cast includes Eddie Murphy, Robin Givens, David Alan Grier, Martin Lawrence, Eartha Kitt, and Chris Rock.
10. Executive Decision (1996) - Terrorists board a plane giving the assumption that they want to trade for getting their leader out of prison. Turns out they just want to blow the plane up. A team boards the plane in mid-air to try to stop the bomb from going off while taking the terrorists out. The movie also stars Kurt Russell, Steven Seagal, John Leguizamo, and Oliver Platt.
9. Race The Sun (1996) - A group of high school misfits attend a science fair field trip and are inspired to build a solar car. With the help of their teacher they are entered into the 1990 world solar car challenge. Movie includes Casey Affleck, Eliza Dushku, Kevin Tighe, and Anthony Ruivivar.
8.Why Do Fools Fall in Love (1998) - Three women arrive at a Lawyers office Claiming to be the widow of a dead singer-songwriter. They all want compensation from his will and estate. They head to trial and have to endure each others trials with the man. This eventually forms a bond between them. Cast includes Vivica A. Fox, Paul Mazursky, Ben Vereen, and Alexis Cruz.
7. X-Men (2000) - Two people join an academy of people with special talents. Berry plays Storm a person who can control the weather. The first film in the popular comic book franchise.The film also stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian Mckellen.
6. Monsters Ball (2001) - A prison guard who is of a racist nature falls for a black woman. He also happens to be a guard on death row and was present at her husband's execution. All factors making this relationship rather complicated. The players include Bill Bob Thornton, Taylor Simpson, Heath Ledger, and Peter Boyle.
5. Die Another Day (2002) - James Bond is captured and held for some time. He is traded for a prisoner that MI6 has been holding. Bond with the help of a beautiful American agent goes after the released prisoner. This movie also includes Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench, John Cleese, and Toby Stephens.
4. Catwoman (2004) - A mild mannered woman is transformed into a creature with the senses of a cat. Her adventurous nature makes the relationship she has with a cop a little complicated. Cast includes Benjamin Bratt, Sharon Stone, and Lambert Wilson.
3. Perfect Stranger (2007) - A reporter for a New York Rag has a story on a closeted gay Senator who spews all kind of family values. Her boss nixes the story. A childhood friend by the name of Grace is murdered. Grace was having an affair with a big shot owner of an ad agency. Berry gets hired as a temp to uncover the whole story. The movie also stars Bruce Willis, Richard Portnow, and Gary Dourdon.
2. Cloud Atlas (2012) - This is a story of the reincarnation of the soul. The souls of several people travel through time sharing intriguing stories of how each challenges the corruptions of that particular time, thus causing history to change. A brilliant cast which also includes Tom hanks, Jim Broadbent, Hugo Wearing, and Jim Sturgess.
1. The Call (2013) - A 911 operator tragically bungles a call and is demoted. Six months later she is a trainer and during a lesson she has to take over a call dealing with a girl's abduction and tries to help her, while also trying to redeem herself from her previous mistake. The cast includes Abigail Breslin, Morris Chestnut, and Michael Eklund.
Halle has not had an easy time in her life. She has fought physical abuse from a former boyfriend where she lost partial hearing. She is of mixed race which at times has helped but also has been a hindrance. She has won an Oscar for her performance in 'Monster's Ball'. She is one of the highest paid stars in Hollywood. She has been voted for years one of the most beautiful women on the planet. One thing she can say is that through it all she has reached the pinnacle of her profession. She has just gotten married for the third time, and hopefully she has finally found her true love. We can look forward to many years of quality films coming to the screen thanks to her work.