If non-traditional holidays are your cup of tea, today is your lucky day. Sept. 9 is Wonderful Weirdos Day, an annual "holiday" created by Thomas and Ruth Roy at Wellcat. This yearly occasion celebrates those who refuse to go with the flow.
If you tend to think outside the box and prefer to march to the beat from another drummer, embrace it! Whether your fashion style, hair style or personality is totally different than everyone else’s, your uniqueness makes you stand out from the crowd and makes you who are you. Remember, many celebrities and famous people have unusual traits that make them stand out.
In honor of Wonderful Weirdos Day, check out these really, really weird lists.
- Top Weirdest Foods in the World – Fair warning! Do not look at this list before you eat!
- World’s Weirdest Drinks – Chances are pretty good these drinks won’t be served at your next party!
- 40 Best, Bad & Downright Disgusting Potato Chip Flavors – From Cajun Squirrel and Hot and Sour Fish Soup, chances are pretty good you won’t want to eat even one!
- Weird Animals – Huffington Post shares a slew of amazing animals that are down-right weird. From the 2-headed baby bird to the Penis Snake and Fish (yes, they are real), check them out!
- 366 Weird Movies – Did any of your favorite, or not-so-favorite flicks, make this list of the weirdest movies of all time?
- Top 15 Weirdest Hats on the Planet – From butterflies and birds to cigarettes, these hats are just plain weird!
- 13 Ridiculous Royal Wedding Hats - They may call them fascinators, but you probably call them just plain weird!
- 20 of the Weirdest Shoes Ever – It’s hard to imagine you could even slip these on your feet, much less walk in them!
- 50 Really Weird Facts About Your Body – Bet you’ll be surprised at some of these weird facts about the human body!
Today is also National I Love Food Day! For more traditional, wacky and downright weird holidays, be sure to visit the number one source for holidays - Holidailys - because every day of the year really IS a holiday!