The story may be too difficult for the humane, compassionate reader to absorb without having his head explode. MLive writes that a 36-year-old woman whose name is being withheld is being held without bond for aiding her beyond-sick husband in repeated efforts to have sex with their 3-year-old daughter.
The woman has admitted that she had to hold her daughter’s hands so “it wouldn’t hurt that much,” according to a Department of Human Services petition seeking to terminate her parental rights.
Last Thursday, Magistrate Frederick Bishop arraigned the woman on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony punishable by up to life in prison.
From the MLive report:
The woman told Blackman-Leoni Township public safety Detective Joseph Merritt she helped her husband, more than once, attempt to have sex with the girl….
She fully confessed in recorded statements, Assistant Prosecutor Kati Rezmierski told Bishop while arguing the woman should have no chance of release. ‘We have great confidence in the strength of our case.’
The woman was arrested on Wednesday, Aug. 14, at the Avalon Hotel in Blackman Township, where she was living. Her 27-year-old husband was charged in June with 12 counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct.
The case investigation continued after the husband's arraignment. Additional evidence was discovered and, as a result, the prosecutor’s office brought charges against the woman.
During interrogation following her arrest, the woman told Detective Joseph Merritt that her husband would rub himself against the girl. He showered with her and took photographs of her for his “own sexual gratification.” She said that she and her husband watched pornography in their daughter’s presence.
The 3-year-old was also questioned and told authorities her mother took pictures of her “private parts” and that her daddy had sex with her and smacked her with a belt.
Both parents' names are being withheld because they share a last name with the child.
The woman told police she had been sexually abused as a child, starting when she was 5, by multiple men.
- Obama’s Martha’s Vineyard vacation rental is from a ‘vulture capitalist’
- Obama campaign website has image of Romney with dunce cap (Photos)
- Obama’s P. T. Barnum campaign strategy is working
- Obama campaign received $4.5 million from residents of fake zip codes
- Obama super PAC refuses to pull scurrilous TV ad
- A golfing Obama skips one hole to avoid being photographed
- GOP in self-destruct mode redux: The Bain attacks on Romney
- Has Obama at last become the one they’ve been waiting for?
- Is Obama campaigning on the taxpayer dime—again?
- Paging candidate Everyman
- How do you solve a problem like Obama: Let the games begin
- Obama has made good on his promise
- Obama fund-raising video filmed at WH violates campaign funding laws
- Obama’s upcoming bus tour of swing states to be financed by taxpayers (Video)
- Obama's "Recovery Summer" clashes with predictions that another recession is looming