A pathology report listed hypokalemia as a contributor to her death. This means the potassium levels in her blood were much lower than the typical range.
Shortly after Ms. Harris’s death, her family revealed she had a major addiction to Coca-Cola and would drink at least 10 liters of the sugary substance a day. The family said she would behave erratically if she didn’t have her normal amount of the soda.
Coroner David Crerar has since found it was this excessive Coke habit that caused the low potassium, which led to abnormal electrical activity in the heart, and finally the cardiac arrest that killed her.
The coroner stated that if Natasha had not ingested such large qualities of Coca-Cola she most likely wouldn’t have died when and how she did.
Coke released a statement that their product is perfectly safe to be consumed as part of a balanced diet.