A North Carolina witness traveling south along Longwood Road about one mile south of Longwood reported watching a "cylindrical object" crossing in front of his vehicle just above the tree tops about 9:30 p.m. on February 3, 2014, according to testimony from Case 53911 in the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was about a mile outside of town and heading toward Myrtle Beach when the object was first seen.
"It had a blue light that remained constant at one end of it and a white light at the other end that was constant white," the witness stated. "There was no sound."
The witness watched the object between 30 seconds to one minute and then attempted to follow it, eventually turning right on Pea Landing Road, but did not see it again.
"Strangest thing I have ever seen. I sensed it could have been an aircraft of some sort, however there was no strobe to any light on it and I know that aircraft should have a strobe light."
The witness hopes others who may have seen it will come forward.
"I am only coming forward in case there were others that saw what I saw. It was strange."
Longwood is in Brunswick County in southern North Carolina. North Carolina is a current UFO ALERT 4 rating, with a higher than average number of UFO sightings nationally. North Carolina had 17 reports in January 2014 - while California had 102 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
Other recent reports of low flying UFOs from around the country include:
- Triangle UFO reported low over Ohio field
- Giant silent sphere UFO with lights reported over Georgia town
- Oklahoma witness says object 'size of a van' hovered over her home
- Silent low flying UFO spotted moving over Oregon town
- Triangle UFO reported dipping below tree line in Michigan town
- Low flying orange UFO made U-turn while Arkansas witness watched
- UFO reports wanted: Washington witnesses say disc-shaped craft too big to miss
- Florida photo capture looks like disc UFO
- Low flying orb UFO observed hovering before darting away over California town
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or man-made. If North Carolina MUFON investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.