A Lynnwood, WA, witness is wondering if UFOs might be disguising themselves as jets after watching a large, hovering jet that seemed "digitized around the edges" about 1:57 p.m. on February 6, 2014, according to testimony in Case 53956 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving along 44th Avenue at 200th Street when the object was first seen.
"When I looked up to the right I saw the biggest jet," the witness stated. "I realize the Dreamliner is huge, but this thing was so low and just hovering in the sky."
The witness quickly looked around to see if others in traffic were also observing this.
"I looked back up and within 30 seconds the craft sort of digitized around the edges - a blinking of sorts, and then it took off fairly quickly, toward the airport path. It seems to me this was a cloaking type of craft - the best way not to be observed is to look like a jet airliner?"
No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed February 7, 2014. Lynnwood is a city in Snohomish County, WA, population 35,836. Washington has a UFO Alert Rating of 3 with a high number of recent reports. Washington was the 6th highest reporting state with 27 reports in January 2014 - while California had 102 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
Other recent reports of low flying UFOs from around the country include:
- UFO sighting? Don't run away - object may be back
- Traffic brakes for hovering triangle UFO over small New Hampshire town
- Slow moving cigar UFO reported under 500 feet by Missouri witness
- New Jersey witness says Facebook photo captured UFO that hovered over house
- Connecticut witness 'didn't stick around' after encountering triangle UFO
- Witness follows cylinder UFO spotted at tree top level over North Carolina
- Triangle UFO reported low over Ohio field
- Giant silent sphere UFO with lights reported over Georgia town
- Oklahoma witness says object 'size of a van' hovered over her home
- Silent low flying UFO spotted moving over Oregon town
- Triangle UFO reported dipping below tree line in Michigan town
- Low flying orange UFO made U-turn while Arkansas witness watched
- UFO reports wanted: Washington witnesses say disc-shaped craft too big to miss
- Florida photo capture looks like disc UFO
- Low flying orb UFO observed hovering before darting away over California town
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or man-made. If Washington MUFON investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.