On a cold and blustery Christmas in 1776, then General George Washington and his troops endured the elements in an encampment on the banks of the Delaware River with little food and insufficient clothing. Washington and his troops were willing to endure these hardships as necessary to fulfill our government’s (then the Continental Congress) promise to free Americans from the tyranny of King George and replace it with the enlightened liberty of Natural Law.[Proof that our country is founded on Natural Law http://t.co/rZswNupbeO]
To know the true significance of what was at stake, one must understand that our American Revolution was in reality a revolt against the Governance Doctrine of the Divine Right of Kings. Pursuant to the Divine Right of Kings, the King is a God or an emissary of God here on earth. Therefore, no earthly-being can question the decisions of the King. Under the Divine Right of Kings, persons had no rights; there were only permissions and privileges that could be revoked by the King or his representatives at any time for any reason. And truth was established by the King and the Church.
During the Enlightenment (circa 1650AD-1800AD) there was a scientific, intellectual and culture revolution of thought. Average persons came to question the authority of the King and the Church. Using their own observations and reasoning, individuals began determining truth for themselves. During this time, Men of Letters such as John Locke, developed a body of thought that came to be known as Natural Law. Amongst other things, Natural Law prescribed that all men had certain unalienable Natural Law Rights. (In fact, Natural Law was so well known and understood at the time that the Founder's debated whether the Bill of Rights was even necessary) Locke continued this line of reasoning and developed the Governance Doctrine known as “Consent of the Governed”. In essence, government could only rule with the consent of the governed. And, in fact, that exact phrase appears in the American Declaration of Independence, as well as does the “Laws of Nature”. [ If you want a little more detail you can read Natural Law: How WE THE PEOPLE got to the 4th of July,1776 2/2 http://goo.gl/If3Pxk and/or listen to free audio book 2 Treatises of Civil Government by John Locke https://t.co/qDCsduYZ3w]
What follows are a few statements summarizing some of the sentiments and principles of Natural Law and Consent of the Governed. These statements were part and parcel of the belief system of our Founders. This writer hopes these statements will make more clear the vision our Founders had for this country and its individual citizens.
- Using their own observations and reasons, the individual determines truth for themselves;
- Self-Determination – Each individual shall determine the course of their lives for themselves, while at the same time accepting the rewards and consequences for their own decisions;
- All persons are created equal;
- “Man... hath by nature a power.... to preserve his property - that is, his life, liberty, and estate - against the injuries and attempts of other men.” John Locke;
- “Liberty is to be free from restraint and violence from others” John Locke;
- "To understand political power right, and derive it from its original, we must consider, what state all men are naturally in, and that is, a state of perfect freedom to order their actions, and dispose of their possessions and persons, as they think fit, within the bounds of the law of nature, without asking leave, or depending upon the will of any other man." Locke, John. The Second Treatise of Civil Government. 1690;
- "every man being, as has been shewed[should], naturally free, and nothing being able to put him into subjection to any earthly power, but only his own consent" John Locke Two Treatises of Government #119;
- MEN being, as has been said, by nature, all free, equal, and independent, no one can be put out of this estate, and subjected to the political power of another, without his own consent. The only way whereby any one divests himself of his natural liberty, and puts on the bonds of civil society, is by agreeing with other men to join and unite into a community for their comfortable, safe, and peaceable living one amongst another, in a secure enjoyment of their properties, and a greater security against any, that are not of it. This any number of men may do, because it injures not the freedom of the rest; they are left as they were in the liberty of the state of nature. When any number of men have so consented to make one community or government, they are thereby presently incorporated, and make one body politic, wherein the majority have a right to act and conclude the rest. Locke, Section 95;
- "But though men when they enter into society, give up the equality, liberty and executive power they had in the state of nature, into the hands of the society, to be so far disposed of by the legislature, as the good of the society shall require; yet it being only with an intention to everyone the better to preserve himself his liberty and property" (Second Treatise, Chapter 9);
- Men, having been given free will, are not virtuous by nature and, acknowledging their imperfections, create governments so that they may live in safety and harmony together - Cato Letters 59&60;
- “Freedom of men under government is to have a standing rule to live by, common to every one of that society, and made by the legislative power vested in it; a liberty to follow my own will in all things, when the rule prescribes not, and not to be subject to the inconstant, unknown, arbitrary will of another man.” John Locke;
- "The rulers ... exercising a power the people never put into their hands (who can never be supposed to consent, that anybody should rule over them for their harm), do that, which they have not a right to do. And where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment". John Locke, Second Treatise of Government Chapter 14 (Consent of the Governed);
- "Government being for the preservation of every man's right and property, by preserving him from the violence or injury of others, is for the good of the governed".John Locke, First Treatise on Government Chapter 9, (Consent of the Governed);
- "But if a long train of abuses, prevarications and artifices, all tending the same way, make the design visible to the people, and they cannot but feel, what they lie under, and whither they are going, 'tis not to be wondered, that they should then rouse themselves, and endeavour to put the rule into such hands, which may secure to them the ends for which government was at first enacted". (Second Treatise, Chapter 19);
- "Whenever the power that is put in any hands for the government of the people, and the protection of our properties, is applied to other ends, and made use of to impoverish, harass or subdue them to the arbitrary and irregular commands of those that have it; there it presently becomes tyranny, whether those that thus use it are one or many". (Second Treatise, Chapter 18);
- "(Tyranny is) ... when the governor, however entitled, makes not the law, but his will, the rule; and his commands and actions are not directed to the preservation of the properties of his people, but the satisfaction of his own ambition, revenge, covetousness, or any other irregular passion". (Second Treatise, Chapter 18);
- "He" (the supreme executive) "also acts contrary to his trust, when he either employs the force, treasure and offices of the society, to corrupt the representatives, and gain them to his purposes; or openly pre-engages the electors, and prescribes to their choice, such, whom he has by solicitations, threats, promises, or otherwise won them to his designs, and employs them to bring in such, who have promised beforehand, what to vote, and what to enact". (Second Treatise, Chapter 19);
- #Tyranny is the exercise of power beyond right, which nobody can have a right to John #Locke 2nd Treatise on Government Chapter18.
So beautifully and eloquently do these statements represent the nature and desires of a free mankind, that one must wonder if their descent into obscurity was accidental or contrived. Dear Government, WE THE PEOPLE put it to thee, is your failure to educate rank and file Americans in Natural Law by design to work to enslave us as we were under the Governance Doctrine of the Divine Right of Kings? We pray thee answer truthfully.
Further, Dear Government, everything you have been doing lately seems to be in diametric opposition to the intent and promises of our revolutionary government. Our current government seems intent on restoring the governance Doctrine of the Divine Right of Kings. Excepting , of course, that instead of a King whose decisions cannot be questioned because they allege their divinity, it is the decisions of Progressive Educated Elites whose decisions cannot be questioned because they allege their superior intellect and education as well as unquestionable altruism.
"A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate." Thomas Jefferson
In the Spirit of this Holiday Season, this writer will break this tense, awkward familial moment with the following segue.
“WE THE PEOPLE pray that our President, Congress and Courts and other elected officials provide WE THE PEOPLE with the peaceful remedy of restoring our Constitution, Bill of Rights and Natural Law before WE THE PEOPLE are forced to withdraw our Consent to be Governed.”
Should our elected officials be unsure of where to begin in restoring Natural Law and the Natural Rights of WE THE PEOPLE, this writer has provided this list as a starting point. With vision of our Country’s Founders as its template, this writer sets forward this more detailed Christmas 2013 wish list to our government.
- Please restore to WE THE PEOPLE a government whose foundation is built with integrity;
- Please abide by Natural Law, the Constitution and Bill of Rights as they were written. The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written to be anchors against the erosion of Liberty and expansion of tyranny. You have used the false premise of a living Constitution to wrongly justify your expansion of power and reduction of the Liberty of WE THE PEOPLE;
- Please restore to WE THE PEOPLE our inalienable right to determine Truth for ourselves using our own observations and reasoning;
- Please restore to WE THE PEOPLE our inalienable right to Self-Determination;
- Please make the teaching of Natural Law and the Governance Doctrine of Consent of the Governed required subject matter, from First Grade (age appropriate of course) and never let them fall into obscurity again;
- Please stop thinking you and/or other Educated Elites are better than rank and file Americans or have you forgotten and/or rescinded; ALL PEOPLE CREATED EQUAL?
- Please stop lying to WE THE PEOPLE as this is necessary for WE THE PEOPLE’s unalienable rights to determine truth for ourselves and self-determination to be meaningful. The failure of either major party and/or either house of Congress to vigorously condemn the now well known brazen lies used to pass Obamacare demonstrates the lack of integrity of our Congress and both major political parties;
- For the same reasons, please stop using major media as instruments of propaganda, conditioning and disinformation;
- For the same reasons, please stop using Edward Bernays “Emotion and Base Instinct based propaganda to manage and manipulate WE THE PEOPLE [http://youtu.be/DpgvtafyOog ];
- Please stop making 2 sets of laws which will inevitably result in a 2 class society, 1) Ruling Class Aristocrats and, 2) the rest of us. Pursuant to Natural Law and our Founding Documents, ALL PEOPLE ARE CREATED EQUAL. Your self-voted exemptions from Obamacare, Social Security and Insider Trading Laws are notable transgressions from among the multitude of examples which could be cited;
- Please return to representing WE THE PEOPLE rather than managing and manipulating us like livestock for your personal gain;
- Please stop dividing, conquering, distracting and confusing WE THE PEOPLE with Social issues while you steal WE THE PEOPLE blind;
- Please stop spying WE THE PEOPLE as a means to repress us while giving the bullroar excuse that it is necessary to protect us. Have you forgot Franklin’s admonishment that “Those who trade liberty for security soon have none and deserve neither;
- Please restore to WE THE PEOPLE, the Rule of Law whereby each man is judged equally with Due Process in accordance with the Rule of Law properly applied to the free admitted, non machinated, relevant facts in evidence. “Too Big to Fail” should not also mean “Too Big to Convict”.
- Please enact the following Judicial TAR Proposals as a means to restore the Rule of Law to America:
Proposed Election 2012 caucus resolutions for judicial reform(updated) Parts1&2 http://t.co/izTPEUT82n & http://t.co/hVhjR4kLSo;
- Please return to the Rule of Law based on Constitutional Law rather than the bastardized Case Law that Progressive Woodrow Wilson yoked us with beginning in 1913;
- In every state, let WE THE PEOPLE vote for our State judges in full, fair and free elections as prescribed by, in this writer's case, the Minnesota State Constitution rather than the evil, duplicitous, tyrannical manifestation often referred to Merit Selection Retention Elections (MRSE – pronounced Misery)
- Please rescind all forms of Congressional Insider Trading extending it to all first degree relatives. Congressional Insider Trading is nothing but a method to steal value created the by labor of the masses from the masses using smoke and mirrors. In short, Congress & their friends and relatives having knowledge of changes in the law that will move the markets use that knowledge to steal from rank and file Americans (WE THE PEOPLE) who do not have that same knowledge. This is simply despicable;
- Please resume your role as public servants with WE THE PEOPLE as your Equals and Sovereigns;
- Please pass reasonable term limits. The Founder’s never intended government to be comprised of career politicians. Rather, they argued for short term citizen politicians who returned to their private lives after 1 or 2 terms of service. Of each of you who have served more than two terms in your current position, WE THE PEOPLE would ask that you not run for re-election based on the state of the country if for no other reason. Our current circumstances can only be explained by deliberate acts, cowardice, selfishness or incompetence, none of which are grounds for re-election;
- If you have served more than 2 terms and/or been an elected official for more than 15 years, please do not run for election again but instead return to the private sector (and not lobbying);
- Please pass meaningful campaign finance reform that essentially takes the money out of politics. Perhaps all campaigns should be publicly financed so any other moneys given to a politician could be prosecuted as felony bribes;
- Please stop trying to take away WE THE PEOPLE’s guns on the premise that it is necessary for the public safety when in reality you recognize that this is a reduction of the liberty of WE THE PEOPLE and the expansion of your tyranny. This has lead to deserved and merited seditious inclinations of WE THE PEOPLE;
- Please restore decision making regarding education to local citizens; Please stop trying to indoctrinate our children as sheople with rewritten history and a Common Core, Progressive education agenda;
- Please secure our borders as was promised about 25 years ago under Bush 1 XX when we granted amnesty for illegal aliens for the first time with the promise it would be the last time;
- Please stop trying to infringe on WE THE PEOPLE’s freedom to practice or not practice religion as we feel appropriate;
- Please stop demonizing, discrediting and/or otherwise neutralizing the voices of political dissent as exampled by the FBI’s COINTELPRO and Martin Luther King [http://goo.gl/Ak3pbM and stop taking down all of these websites that post the Senate report.];
- Please Audit, End or Buy the privately owned FEDeral Reserve Banking System. $9 Trillion missing and now one charged with a crime is ridiculous. Paying the private owners of the FED $25 Billion dollars a year to manage our money can't be justified, especially given their poor track record. This is one source of the growing wealth disparity in America. Giving $25 Billion in essentially unearned money to private bankers allows them to pay $1 Million dollars to each of the about 500 persons that run the Federal government (President, VP, Congress, SCOTUS, Cabinet) in a Quid Pro Quo arrangement to continue this amoral, criminal conspiracy. And finally, if government is just printing worthless money, why don't we print enough to buy the FED from its private owners and then the $25 Billion per month government pays to them and all of its profits will return to WE THE PEOPLE instead of private Banksters and those on the dole of the private Banksters;
- Please end the practice of Fiat Money and once again adhere to the Constitutional provision that our money be back by specie (e.g. Gold, Silver, etc). Essentially, our Government has been using worthless Fiat Money to steal from the masses. Very Simply, 1) All value is created only by labor, 2) Money was invented to be more to be more efficient than bartering. 3) As an example, if the value created by labor each year is $100 but the government prints $200 dollars and puts $100 into circulation for the masses and keep $100 itself, the value to "fund" the $100 the government keeps is "stolen" from the value created by the labor of the masses. 4) In the current monetary circumstances, the value for the $85 Billion in worthless Fiat Money being printed each month at the direction of the FED is being stolen from the value of the money already in the pockets of the masses. 5) Unlike the alarm sending the Sheriff of Nottingham causes when sent to collect taxes, Fiat Money allows the government to insidiously & almost imperceptibly wrongfully steal purchasing power from the masses.
- Please restore the checks, balances, transparency and accountability to government that the Founders intended. This writer would personally appreciate it if you would restore the Fiscal TAR as proposed here [ http://t.co/AxVm6bTtdu ] or in the form of requiring the posting of the uncensored government checking accounts on the internet.
WE THE PEOPLE have had enough lumps of coal in our stockings.
Merry Christmas fellow Americans.
Those were my thoughts.
Thank you, my fellow citizens, for taking your valuable time to read and reflect upon what is written here.
If what is written here rings true to you, perhaps you should contact your local elected officials and let them know. If you are afraid of repercussions, snail mail it anonymously and ask them to respond in the local paper or their own monthly/quarterly internet newsletter. Even if this article refers to something outside you geographic area, it still likely applies to your location. Remember all those taxpayer training junkets we taxpayers send the bureaucrats on? They all learn the same “livestock management” techniques to use on WE THE PEOPLE.
And that leaves WE THE PEOPLE with this conundrum: While our #Government works full time with compensation and funded with our money for the cause of #Tyranny; WE THE PEOPLE are forced to work part time without compensation for the cause of #liberty with what is left over of our time, money and energy.
Finally, this article is written with the same intentions as Thomas Paine http://ushistory.org/paine. I seek no leadership role. I seek only to help the American People find their own way using their own “Common Sense” http://amzn.to/kbRuar
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Bring Home the Politicians #BHTP
Lawless America #LawlessAmerica
Term Limits #TermLimit
Justice in Minnesota #JIM
Critical Thinking Notice - This author advises you as no politician would dare. Exercise Critical Thinking (http://bit.ly/ubI6ve) in determining the truthfulness of anything you read or hear. Do not passively accept nor believe anything anyone tells you, including this author... unless and until you verify it yourself with sources you trust and could actively defend your perspective to anyone who might debate you to the contrary of your perspective.