What time does Walmart close on Christmas Eve 2013? Many holiday shoppers searching the Web to find out when Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, malls, grocery stores and liquor stores close on December 24, hoping to grab a few last-minute gifts.
Many retailers will be keeping their stores open as late as 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve for people who still need to finish their holiday shopping. See the list below for the store closing times at popular retailers nationwide.
- Amazon's 2013 after Christmas deals: Big discounts on gifts you didn't get
- Best Buy Day after Christmas deals: MacBook, Kindle Fire, HDTVs, XBox One games
Don't forget, you can always print or email a gift certificate if you don't have time to get to the store for a gift.
- Amazon - Print or send an e-gift card instantly by email or to your friends on Facebook. Add a photo or video to make it more personal.
- Best Buy offers instant gift cards online - Send via e-mail, deliver to a friend on Facebook or send it by mail (it will arrive after Christmas).
- Target - send an eGift card in any denomination ($5 and up). Target also offers e-gift cards for Xbox Live, Playstation and iTunes.
- Walmart - send an eGift card to a friend or family member's email from $5 and up.
What's open on Christmas Eve and what time do stores close?
- Best Buy: Most stores close at 6 p.m.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club - open until 6 p.m.
- Costco - open until 5 p.m.
- Dollar General - Most stores open until 8 p.m.
- KMart: Most stores are open until 10 p.m.
- Kohl's: All stores close at 6 p.m.
- Macy’s: Most stores close at 6 p.m. Enter your zipcode here on Macys.com for store hours in your area.
- Michaels: Open until 6 p.m.
- Sears - Open until 6 p.m.
- Target: Most stores will close at 9 p.m., with some staying open until 10 p.m. Check local store hours on Target.com.
- Toys R Us: Open until 9 p.m.
- Walmart: Open until 8 p.m. in most areas. It's best to check as hours vary by location and some Walmart stores may close as early as 6 p.m. Find Walmart store hours by zip code here.
Most malls close between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m., but it's very location specific. It's best to call ahead to make sure before you fight traffic only to find the mall closed early.
Liquor stores and grocery stores typically close by 6 p.m.. It's best to check with your local store because many may extend their hours for last-minute shoppers, including Whole Foods stores - they will be open until 7 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
More Info on What's Open and What's Closed on Christmas Eve 2013: