This is a great way to recycle those summer clothes that don’t fit anymore, especially the clothes your children have outgrown
All you have to do is call the Vietnam Veterans of America, or log onto their website, and they’ll come by your house and pick up your discarded clothes and household goods.
- Call VVA at 1-800459-8387 or schedule a pickup online at www.vvapickup.org to have a truck stop at your home.
- If your zip code is not listed on the website, contact VVA at email@example.com or call 1-800459-8387 for more information.
- If VVA doesn’t do clothes pick-ups in your neighborhood, they tell you who will take you clothing discards.
- Put items on your porch by 8:00 A.M. on the scheduled day (rain or shine).
- Clearly mark your bags or boxes “For VVA”
- You don’t have to be home. The driver will leave a tax deductible receipt.
The date of the pickup depends on where you live.
14420 Friday 7/25/14
14624 Thursday 7/31/14
14612 Tuesday 7/29/14
14615 Wednesday 8/6/14
14616 Thursday 8/7/14
14626 Wednesday 7/31/14
14464 Friday 7/25/14
14468 Monday 7/28/14
14559 Friday 7/25/14, Monday 7/28/14
What VVA needs
Vietnam Veterans of America especially needs:
- All bedding items
- Clothing accessories
- Clothing (men’s, women’s, children’s, all types, all sizes)
- Draperies & curtains
- Housewares & glassware
- Jewelry & cosmetics
- Knick Knacks.
- Shoes (all kinds)
- Small appliances & TVs
- Tools (all kinds)
- Toys, games, bikes
What VVA does with your donations
- Vietnam Veterans of America sells your donated household goods to private companies by annual bid. Those funds provide over half of VVA’s annual needs to support local, state and national service programs (e.g. homeless veterans, Agent Orange related health programs, improved hospital care for veterans with disabilities),
The more people who contact the Vietnam Veterans of America about donations, the more VVA can do to help veterans nationwide.
Vietnam Veterans of America
8719 Colesville Road
Silver Springs, MD 20910