Vegas visitors occasionally need to grab food / snacks in order to refuel for the next round of their personal Vegas romp. In the process, most visitors would prefer to limit both costs and time required to accomplish that refueling.
We've compiled a list of twenty Vegas eateries ( cafe-restaurants/ chains/ quick-bite establishments) that have multiple offerings generally costing less than $10 per person. Most of these locales don't involve much time to place orders/ be served (excluding special events/ some weekends). These venues don't have aquariums or girls in cages, are very non-fancy, and some are well recognized chain establishments.
We've patronized most of these eateries on Vegas trips and they all generally fulfill the cheap and quick prerequisites. Both on and off Strip eateries are included. We've often wondered if Joel Robuchon and Michael Mina visit some of these when they're on the go and not doing their fancy Vegas dining establishment things... who knows?
Check the provided links for further info including locations and menus. Players club memberships (all free to join) will result in dining discounts at some (particularly off-Strip) casino eateries. Previous LVE articles (linked below) address best Vegas steak specials, top late-night/graveyard specials, and coupon sources for Vegas dining discounts.
Cheap eats on the Strip (10) :
- Pink's Hot Dogs at Planet Hollywood (directly Strip-side)
- Secret Pizza Place (located upper floors) at the Cosmopolitan
- Combo New York Pretzel / Nathan's Hot Dogs booth at New York, New York casino ; there are 10 Nathans Hot Dog venues in Las Vegas (most are on the Strip)
- Tacos El Gordo (north of Wynn/Encore casinos on Las Vegas Blvd.)
- Stage Deli at MGM Grand
- Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood
- Westside Deli at Circus Circus
- TJ's Taco Bar at Hawaiian Market Place
- 6 McDonald's Strip locations (3 in food courts, 3 with storefronts) ; there are 25 McDonald's locations throughout the Vegas area. Check the locator prompt at the provided link.
- 11 food courts with multiple chain food outlets at various major casino complexes including MGM Grand, Monte Carlo, Venetian, Luxor, Excalibur, Riviera, Treasure Island, Flamingo, Tropicana, and New York-New York
Cheap eats off-Strip (10) :
- Ellis Island - this restaurant often requires a waiting period to get seated because of its inexpensive popularity
- Sterling Spoon Cafe at Silver Sevens Casino ( formerly Terrible's)
- Sourdough Cafe at both Arizona Charlie's Decatur and Boulder (2 separate locales)
- Capriotti's Sandwich Shops (25 locations in Vegas)
- Marilyn's Cafe at Tuscany Casino
- Cafe Siena at Suncoast Casino
- In-N-Out Burger - there are 12 locations in Vegas; the location at 4888 Dean Martin Drive is a mere mile west of the strip just off Tropicana Ave.
- Courtyard Cafe at Orleans Casino
- Victory's Cafe at Cannery Casino
- Magnolia's Veranda at Four Queens Casino Downtown
A general tip for cheap dining options in Las Vegas includes small eateries at numerous casino sports books both on and off the Strip. Further , there are 25 Denny's Restaurant locations in Las Vegas. Check the Denny's locator at the provided link and enter "Las Vegas,NV - 89101" to obtain a complete listing of Vegas locations.