A California witness at Atascadero reported watching a triangle-shaped object silently moving at the rooftop level that appeared to be 10 feet long and five or more feet high, according to March 25, 2014, testimony in Case 54936 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was near Santa Ysabel Avenue on the Central Coast in Atascadero and first saw the object heading north-northeast moving over rooftops just at the top of nearby trees about 1:30 a.m. on March 21, 2002.
"It made a swish or swoosh sound like a hang glider and it was very quiet, flying silently over the neighborhood," the witness stated.
The witness described the object.
"It was triangular with lights that seemed to blink slightly and had some pulse. The size was about 10-plus feet long and looked about five or more feet high. I'm reminded of a slightly grayish color, dark gray and lighter color almost white like a light gray on the bottom. The rest was black shades and it was hard to make out all of it in the dark."
The witness does not feel that the object was military.
"I have never observed a craft of that nature at night before, almost stealth-like. Sounds corny maybe, but I knew it was, say 'not from here,' so to speak."
Atascadero is a city in San Luis Obispo County, CA, population 28,310. No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on March 25, 2014. Recently covered California UFO reports include:
- San Diego witness reports chasing UFO
- California couple reports green laser scanning home
- California witnesses videotape UFO making intelligent maneuvers
- California witness says UFO 'size of aircraft carrier' moved overhead
- California ghost town UFO witnesses give chase
- MUFON: Multiple 'helicopters chasing UFO' reports are military related
- California witness recalls UFO 'bigger than mountain it came over'
- California witnesses 'struck with fear' as UFO appears to land
- Giant boomerang UFO over Fresno flew under 150 feet
- California witness photographs disc UFO hovering over Fresno
California has a UFO Alert Rating of 3 with a high number of recent reports nationally. California had 59 reports during February 2014 - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or man-made. If California MUFON investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.