The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) has announced the top three finalists for the overall 2014 Canadian Car of the Year and 2014 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year.
Vying for top honours in the 2014 Canadian Car of the Year race are the stunning new Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, as well as two entries from Mazda – the compact Mazda3 and the mid-size Mazda6 sedan.
- Chevrolet’s seventh generation Corvette Stingray has brought the automotive giant a lot of attention, as the slinky new sports machine delivers super car looks and performance for an almost bargain price.
- The Mazda3 has always been a strong seller in Canada as it is well packaged, stylish, and competitively priced. The 2014 edition features fresh styling, enhanced performance, and improved fuel economy.
- The popular Mazda6 sedan features a stunning new design, the company’s SKYACTIV technology, and a very competitive pricing structure.
The three finalists in the race to become the 2014 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year are the luxurious Acura MDX, re-born Jeep Cherokee, and the very capable Kia Sorento.
- Acura’s MDX is looking to make some waves in the luxury SUV arena as the spacious seven-seater features modern styling and a full complement of technology and safety accessories for much less than many of its rivals.
- Chrysler’s Jeep division has dropped the Liberty nameplate in favour of rekindling the Cherokee brand for 2014. Its aerodynamic skin helps with efficiency, while its comfortable and quiet cabin will attract a new surge of customers to Jeep showrooms.
- Kia’s seven-passenger CUV, the Sorento, now sports dramatic styling cues similar to those on its siblings, like the ground breaking Optima. Renowned for reliability and priced right for the budget minded, the Sorento is proving a homerun for the Korean company.
Which vehicles will take the laurels? Unfortunately this will remain a secret until the overall winners are declared on Thursday, February 13th at the Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto as part of the show’s press preview day.