Otter Pop, a Miniature Pinscher mix, is utterly terrified at the Ramona Humane Society in San Jacinto, California. The dog, who is estimated to be two-years of age, is taking comfort in his extra-large best friend, "Shadow," who shares his kennel run.
The bonded pair was picked up and taken to the facility on August 14. The following information has been written about the dogs:
Someone found these dogs in the park and brought them in. We have since found out that owner lost his/her home and is sick in the hospital....AND is a veteran, no less. It sure would be nice if we could get them into a rescue or adopted...they don't have to all be together.
Shadow, who is an overweight senior who reportedly weighs in at a whopping 175 pounds, is said to be "bewildered" at his sudden residence inside of an animal shelter - he has been described as a "good boy."
Both dogs are in need of a new home - it is apparent that the dogs, who are obviously bonded to one another, would enjoy a home together, though it is not required by the facility.
Please take a moment to network the following information for Otter Pop and Shadow:
- "Otter Pop" - Miniature Pinscher male Mix - 48093 / R189037
- "Shadow" - Labrador male Mix (Senior) - 48094 / R189039
- POTENTIAL ADOPTERS: Please contact the front desk at the shelter. Their phone number is 951-654-8002 ext. 4. Please have the animal description and identification number(s) available.
- RESCUES: Please contact Rachel McKee, the Rescue Coordinator at Ramona Humane Society, via telephone @ (951) 654-8002 ext. 224 or (951) 260-7204. You can also email Rachel @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook thread for Shadow here
- Facebook thread for Otter Pop here
Note: The dogs' owner is terminally ill and is not expected to live much longer; he is unable to take the dogs back.
If you would like to continue receiving the latest dog-related news, tips and advice, please click the word "Subscribe," near the top of the article. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for more stories and updates.