The long awaited reveal of the Disney Magic is underway with a 2-night sailing for a "media preview".
Reports from Passporter creator and author Dave Marx indicate some exciting changes to the Oceaneers Club and Oceaneers Lab (the kids clubs) on the new Disney Magic.
The areas have been updated and redesigned and resemble the kids areas on the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream, although not as vast.
- Marvel's "Avengers Academy"-This is probably the most exciting change, as it's the first use of Marvel on any any Disney Cruise Line ship) and we've all been anxiously awaiting the addition of Marvel since Disney acquired it in Aug. 2012.
- Addition of Andy's Room-This Toy Story themed play area on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy is so popular they included it in the revamp of the Disney Magic. The concept is the same as on the other ships but of course the execution is a bit different.
- Mickey Bands to Magic Bands-The old "Mickey Bands" that were used for kids ages 3-12 have been replaced with the new design of the "Mickey Bands" that we've been seeing in the parks. They still serve the same function (tracking your kids in and out of the Clubs) but are integrated with the new technology and stylish design.
- The Oceaneer Lab now has a Pirate theme
- More open floor plan-The floor plan in the play areas has been opened up and has a wider feel than before and feels even different than the rooms on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
In addition to the revamp of the "dry" activities there are three new water play areas as well.
- The Aqualab-an interactive water playground for kids ages 3 and up (this replaced the Mickey Pool). The Aqualab includes the Twist n' Shout water slide.
- Nephews' Splash Zone-for kids under age 3
- The AquaDunk-a 3-story body slide that starts with a vertical drop-think of this as the AquaDuck but condensed and vertical.
There are other enhancements and changes throughout the ship that we will continue to learn more about as the news circulates around the web. For photos, answers to your burning questions and other exciting Disney discussions check out PassporterBoards.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or book your magical voyage, contact an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, like me and receive a Disney gift card based on your cruise price. My services are free and the advice is priceless!