Arne Meyer has made several comments on Sunday in regards to the upcoming Playstation 3 exclusive title, “The Last of Us.” The community strategist of Naughty Dog responded to fan questions about the possibility of a collector’s edition, Playstation Network digital release and Blu-ray disk size in addition to addressing multiplayer concerns. You can check out some screens from the survival-horror action-adventure game in the slideshow at the top of this article and the responses from Arne Meyer on the comments section of the Playstation Blog below:
Possibility of a collector’s edition:
- Still working out if we will have a collector’s edition or not. Keep your fingers crossed!
Playstation Network digital release:
- No plans yet on a digital release. We’ll let you know if that changes.
- Right now we won’t have a PSN pre-order. That may change, as we’re still working on if we can get a digital release done. Stay tuned.
Blu-ray disk size:
- We’re quite a ways to finalizing our disk size and final format, but knowing that U3 took a dual-layer BD and we tend to go big with our games, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where the team ended up.
Responding to multiplayer concerns:
- We don’t approach MP in any of our games as tacked on. And we also always have separate teams working on the different components so that we can maintain full focus on making SP and MP up to our standards.
- And we have faith that our MP will stand on it’s own. If we felt like it would be tacked on, we wouldn’t have added it. We want all our game experiences to be of the highest quality and that’s what we work extremely hard to deliver.
- MP has never taken away resources from the SP game in any of our games, always separate teams, separate resources. The folks working on the single player campaign always have the resources and support to complete that portion of the game to the vision they planned for.
Arne Meyer and the rest of his team at Naughty Dog are currently developing “The Last of Us.” The first-party studio was previously responsible for the Crash Bandicoot, Jax and Uncharted series. Sony Computer Entertainment will be publishing their new intellectual property when the survival-horror action-adventure video game launches exclusively for the Playstation 3 gaming console in North America on May 7, 2013. You can pre-order the title in the following link: “The Last of Us”