Your Beatles calendar for the week:
Ringo “Peace & Love” exhibit: Continues at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles through March.
- “Good Ol' Freda” is now playing in selected theaters and on the following video on demand services: iTunes, Amazon Prime, DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T Uverse, Google Play, VUDU, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Playstation 3 Store, Sudden Link, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FIOS and Xbox 360/Zune. Information: http://www.goodolfreda.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://bit.ly/HRmbk4
- 1964: The Tribute: Oct. 4: Evansville, Ind. Oct. 5: Washington, D.C. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Oct. 4: Salina, KS. Oct. 5: Kansas City, MO. Oct. 12: Houston, TX. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles: Oct. 23: Bloomington, Ill. Oct. 26: Rosemon, IL. Nov. 1: Shreveport, LA. Nov. 3: Birmingham, AL. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Oct. 3: Grand Rapids, MI. Oct. 4: Lafayette, IN. Oct. 5: Chicago, IL. More info: www.laurencejuber.com.
- The Fab Faux: Oct. 4-5: San Francisco. Oct. 12-13: Los Angeles. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- “Just Imagine!”: John Lennon tribute with Greg Piper, through Dec. 29, Hayworth Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Bootleg Beatles: Sept. 29 - Oct. 5: South American tour. Oct. 15: Norwich, UK. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Creme Tangerine: Nov. 1: Bellevue, Wash. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King's, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- Beatlesday, Oct. 12, Mons, Belgium.
- Beatmeet, Oct. 27, Best Western Hotel, Leiden, Netherlands.
- Dublin Beatles Festival, Nov. 7-10, Dublin, Ireland.
- British Invasion 2014, Hard Rock Rivera Maya Hotel, Cancun, Mexico.
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
Oct. 5, 1962: “Love Me Do”/”P. S. I Love You” released in UK.
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- 9/28/1963: The Beatles' “She Loves You” still #1 on the Official British Charts. Lennon-McCartney's “Hello Little Girl” by the Fourmost is at No. 27.
Last week's big Beatles stories:
- McCartney 'New' news: Fans sought for video; all those 'New' versions
- John Lennon's first home is up for sale and you can own it (Photos)
- Interview: McCartney guitarist Rusty Anderson takes guitar break for good cause
- Beatles author Mark Lewisohn's book website goes live; promo tour set
- Exclusive: McCartney, Shatner, the Bard come together at Simply Shakespeare fest (Photos)
- Beatle news briefs: Ringo's new title; new 'New' bonus track; Spanish Fabs film
- John Lennon's music from Bermuda help fights hunger in new app
- 'Breakfast With the Beatles' host goes backstage for McCartney-Kimmel TV show (Video)
- Cavern City Tours exec blames 'untidy journalism' for auction story errors
- Paul McCartney rocks a sea of fans on Hollywood Boulevard (Photos)
- Exclusive: Paul McCartney takes over Hollywood as Kimmel show draws near
- Hollywood Boulevard already packed for McCartney show
- Paul McCartney officially reveals new artwork, deluxe tracklist for 'New'
- Carrie Underwood: Paul McCartney gave me permission to sing 'Yesterday'
- British media gets it wrong: Cavern Club not going to be auctioned
- Newspaper offers previews of Mark Lewisohn's new Beatles biography
- McCartney 'New' news: More chart debuts; work crews prep for Kimmel show
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. The latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com on Monday, is a review of Paul McCartney's performances at the iHeartRadio Festival and “Jimmy Kimmel Live”. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at email@example.com.
- “Every Little Thing”: Wednesday: An expanded three-hour version will feature an interview with Julian Lennon. The show airs beginning at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT, and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “Goodnight Vienna: Analysis and Review.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Sept. 29: “Abbey Road.” Info: www.beatlebrunch.com.'
- “The John Lennon Hour”: Weekly hour of John Lennon music and history hosted by Jude Southerland Kessler. 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- "Magical Mystery Tour": Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx.
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Recent episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Steve Marinucci (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Sept. 29: Robin Leach, tribute to Jackie Lomax. Show website.
- “Chris Carter's 'British Invasion': Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Chris Carter's Breakfast With the Beatles”: On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Website.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I've Got a Beatles Podcast”: “John's Collaborations.” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles": 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- Now and Then": An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station's frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “On the Beat”: Wonderful show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the '60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- "Sounds of the Sixties": Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the '60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- "Beatlesongs": Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- "Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen": More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://www.quaywestonline.co.uk/.
Beatles radio stations:
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
Have a Beatles event you'd like added here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won't want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n' Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We're also Steve Marinucci on Facebook and Pinterest. And don't miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.