On Sunday, we reported that liberals on Twitter called for the murder of NRA members. One of those making the calls was identified Sunday as John Cobarruvias, a blogger, Democratic precinct chairman in the Houston area and a member of the Texas Democratic Executive Committee.
After reading about the tweets on another site, Yvonne Larsen noticed a familiar name.
"Among the selection of tweets advocating for the murder of NRA President Keene and all NRA members was a name familiar to me; probably familiar to many readers of Houston’s Liberal blog sites," she wrote at Big Jolly Politics.
Larsen said she "pasted a screen shot from the Freedom’s Outpost story in case NASA employee and Democrat Precinct 699 Chair John Cobarruvias of the Houstonblog Bay Area Houston tries to delete his tweet."
"You are an embarrassment to precinct chairs everywhere - and Americans. You sound like the next crazed shooter," one person tweeted in response.
Ironically, after calling for the deaths of NRA members and their defenders, Cobarruvias called the NRA domestic terrorists.
On Saturday, he posted a comment on his Facebook page asking NRA members to "un-friend" him and issued a disturbing message.
"They need to [be] wiped off the face of the earth," he wrote, speaking of the NRA and those who support owning guns.
"Personsally if they were wiped off the planet it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit," he wrote in another comment.
We contacted the Texas Democratic Party for comments on Cobarruvias' tweet, but have not received a response.
Update: Cobaruvvias now says his tweet was not a death threat. He issued an apology and deleted the message, but his Facebook post is still live. More here.
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic lawmaker: Obama must 'exploit' murdered children to get gun control
- MSNBC: Founders who wrote Second Amendment 'owned slaves, oppressed women'
- Liberals blame NRA for Connecticut school shooting, call for gun control
- Global gun control? Critics warn U.N. treaty would undermine U.S. gun rights
- Gun rights advocate: Obama said people shouldn't be able to own guns
- NBC's Bob Costas calls for gun control, cites Aurora shooting
- Obama Administration working on gun control 'under the radar'
- Bob Costas gives anti-gun speech on Sunday Night Football, Twitter users respond
Be sure to check out some of Joe's other columns: