Denberg was co-host of a radio show with Sean Lennon that's now available online. “Along with many showcases with his band The GOASTT (the new album is great!!), Sean Lennon also played the Velvet Underground's 'What Goes On' at a SXSW Tribute concert to Lou Reed (with Suzanne Vega, Lucinda Williams, Garland Jeffreys, Alejandro Escovedo and Richard Barone ++).” You can see the full set list at the bottom of the page.
Denberg also provided exclusive pictures in the slideshow. One picture, taken backstage at the Lou Reed tribute, also includes Lenny Kaye who was part of the house band along with his fellow Patti Smith bandmate Tony Shanahan and Blondie drummer Clem Burke, he said.
Denberg also hosted a one-on-one interview at SWSX with Paul McCartney guitarist Rusty Anderson. “He is looking forward to releasing a full Rusty Anderson Afternoon album soon, and also played a showcase gig of his own during SXSW, as well as a couple songs at a Jimi Hendrix Celebration concert, as did Slash, Wayne Kramer, Phil & Dave Alvin and many others.
Thanks to Jody Denberg for the pictures and the information.
Here's the full setlist of what was played on “The KUTX Sunday Mix” by Sean Lennon, David Fricke and Jody Denberg (albums/sources listed in parentheses):
The KUTX SUNDAY MIX #63
Guest deejays: David Fricke & Sean Lennon
March 16, 2014
- “St. Elmo's Fire” - Brian Eno (from the album “Another Green World”)
- “Light My Fire” - Julie Driscoll (from “Ultra Rare: Female Singers, Vol. 1 Remastered”)
- “Hope for Happiness” - Soft Machine (“The Soft Machine”
- “Diamond Day” - Vashti Bunyan (“Just Another Diamond Day”)
- “Keep Your Mind Open” - Kaleidoscope (“Side Trips”)
- “Hometown Blues” - Syd Arthur (“Sound Mirror”)
- “Xanadu” - The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger (“Midnight Sun”)
- “I Found a Reason” - The Velvet Underground (“Loaded”)
- “I'm Not Angry” - The Everly Brothers (“Walk Right Back: The Everly Brothers On Warner Bros. 1960-1969”)
- “Lord of the Manor” - The Everly Brothers (“Walk Right Back: The Everly Brothers On Warner Bros. 1960-1969)
- “Motherless Child” - Sweetwater (“Sweetwater”)
- “Blackbird Chain” - Beck (“Morning Phase”)
- “O Relógio” - Os Mutantes (“Os Mutantes”)
- “The Ghetto, Pt. 1” - Donny Hathaway (“A Donny Hathaway Collection”)
- “Groovin' Is Easy” - The Electric Flag (“A Long Time Comin'”)
- “Ogden's Nut Gone Flake” - The Small Faces (“Ogdens Nut Gone Flake”)
- “The Factory Gates” - Kaiser Chiefs “Education, Education, Education & War”
- “Long Gone” - Syd Barrett (“The Madcap Laughs”)
- “Seeing” - Moby Grape (“Moby Grape 69' - Bonus Track Version”)
- “Moonbeams” - Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band (“Take Me To the Land of Hell”)
- “10th Floor Ghost Girl” - Cibo Matto (“Hotel Valentine”)
- “Friday On My Mind” - The Easybeats (“Nuggets - Classics From The Psychedelic Sixties, Vol. 1”)
- “Heart of the City” - The Strypes (“Snapshot”)
- “Bracelets of Fingers” - The Pretty Things (“S.F. Sorrow”)
- “Satori Part I” - Flower Travelling' Band (“Satori”)
- “Hot Smoke and Sassafras” - Bubble Puppy (“Hot Smoke”)
- “A Quick One While He's Away” - The Who (“The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus”)
We love to write about the Beatles and have been doing it since our time at a major metropolitan newspaper. If you aren't subscribed to us, you're missing all our original Beatles news you won't get elsewhere. Subscribe to the leading source of original Beatles news on the internet in all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner and please spread the word about us. And be sure to check out our Amazon.com “That's What I Want” Beatles store.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please feel free to spread our links on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Reddit, StumbleUpon and other social media sites. Connect with us on Facebook and Pinterest. And don't miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available first on Fab4Radio.com on the weekends, then on iTunes and Podbean.com. We are also the author of the ebook “Meet a Monkee: Davy Jones,” the stories of our two interviews with Davy.