So how will the Favorites adjust in the aftermath of last week's historic Tribal Council? Brandon Hantz had his epic meltdown for all eyes to see, airing the dirty laundry of his tribe in front of the Fans and the world.
It looks like they won't have much time to react at all, because a tribal shake-up is about to happen tonight. Here's the official synopsis from CBS:
Episode 6 – “Operation Thunder Dome” - A SHAKE-UP WITH THE TRIBES CREATES CHAOS AND NEW ALLIANCES, ON “SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN – FANS VS. FAVORITES,” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20. Meanwhile, the game is thrown off-balance when one Tribe’s change results in a strength disparity between Gota and Bikal, on SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN – FANS vs. FAVORITES, Wednesday, March 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Analysis. Tribal shake-ups always reinvigorate the game, making things a bit more interesting. The timing of this season's shake-up is quite interesting and it will be interesting to see how and where things play out.
For players like Reynold and Eddie, it could just be a game-saver, provided they stay together. With a hidden Idol, this couldn't have come at a better time. For players like Michael and Matt, a split up could mark the end of their games.
But most will be watching most intently to see where the Favorites fall. We saw in last week's preview, that Phillip and Corinne are gunning for each other, but was that before the switch or after?
The synopsis does mention that the game is thrown "off-balance" with a "strength disparity" for one tribe. We can then assume, that Cochran won't be on the same tribe as any of the muscle-bound competitors like Reynold, Eddie or Malcolm.
With 14 players left, the players will probably only need to navigate the new tribes for 3-4 weeks before the inevitable merge. So someone just benefited from having their tribes shift, whereas others will look to this switch as the possible reason their game came crashing down.
Make sure you are getting all of the latest Survivor coverage this season! Be sure to subscribe to this column (above) and make a note to check back in throughout the upcoming season. Here's how it will work:
- Every Wednesday, I will post an episode preview article in the morning, detailing the night's episode.
- Following the episode each week, my full episode recap will be online usually by around Midnight EST.
- Linking in with the full episode recap, will be my weekly episode analysis that I post for TheTVKing.com. This article goes beyond simply recapping things and is where we dig full in to the events of the most recent episode.
- Every Thursday, join me for my exclusive exit interview with the voted-out contestant.
- Lastly, as a movie critic and member of the Detroit & Online Film Critic Societies, check out my blog, FilmSurvivor.com, to find all of my movie reviews and Survivor coverage in one place!
Also, make sure you check out one of my favorite Survivor sites, Survivor Fever.
What are your thoughts on tonight's episode? How will the shake-up effect the game? Post your thoughts below! See you after the show!