On Aug. 27, 2013, Southwest Florida Dog Diving Club (Splash Dogs) announced its upcoming jumping competition called Spook Splash and Dog Olympics Dock Jumping Compeition. The event will be held Oct. 18-20, 2013 in Fort Myers, Fla.
Registration is available online by going to SplashDogs.com. Any registrations submitted after 10 p.m. on Thursday will need to be brought to the event.
Dog Olympic competitions have a fee per each entry, and the winner takes all. One can enter one's dog as many times as he or she wants. Speed Swim (Dog Olympics) is the fastest dog across the pond following super vertical.
Exact details for event's venue include its location, map and directions, rules, fees, times, contacts, schedules, links, categories, calendar and more. Discover details at above links, and most are listed below.
"Event details and entry information is as follows.
- Event Entry: $20.00 per wave
- Parking: plenty of free parking
- Crating: Please bring a crate to store your dog or have other means of storing them, and canopies are welcome." - SW Florida Dog Diving Club
Please check in at least one hour before your competition and at least one hour prior to the first Finals on Sunday for the finals. (see their website to confirm this information)
"Event rules and information is as follows.
- This is an outdoor event to be run into a pond.
- The dock will feature THE DOCK, a custom built dock, Astro turf surface .
- Training for new comers and others will be provided.
- This event will be open to all dog / handler teams who wish to enter as space permits.
- Please bring crate to store your dog or have other means to store your dog.
- Abuse will not be tolerated.
- Absolutely NO pushing, shoving or throwing your dog into the pool.
- Please have dogs shots up to date, tags or bring current shot and vaccine papers. Please be responsible for the safety of your dog and others!!!
- Dog / handler teams may enter only one or as many competitions as they wish (a separate entry fee must be paid for each competition)
- Dog / handler teams will be placed in groups of up to 15 teams within each heat.
- Each team will receive two (2) competition jumps.
- One dog/ handler on the dock at a time during competition.
- All dogs will have the opportunity to acclimate to the dock area prior to their first official competition jump as time permits.
- Allotted practice time based on event time constraints.
- The dock will close to all practice jumping 15 minutes prior to the start of each competition, for competitors warm-up.
- The top 24 dogs overall will meet in the finals on Sunday. The top 12 will qualify for the Pro finals and the next 12 qualify for the Open Finals.
- Handlers or handlers representatives must be present to accept ribbons and awards.
- Ribbons will be awarded after each heat, so stick around. Ribbons will not be mailed.
- Female dogs in heat will NOT be allowed to compete or in the competition area." - SW Florida Dog Diving Club
Note that there will be practice times available between competitions as time permits. Also be ready for your competition, as you will be scratched from the heat if you are not available.
"The event registration information is as follows.
- This Splash Dogs event is open to any dog and handler team who wishes to enter. You may do this in one of two ways: Online or on-site
- You will then be required to pay the registration fee, sign a waiver and show papers when you check-in at the event.
- Register on-site at least one hour prior to the heat(s) in which you would like to compete.
- Pre-Registrants will be given PRIORITY for entry in a competition
- Heats will be determined as competitors enter.
- Entry e-mail confirmation -- please provide email address with registration.
- On-site registration will be available only as space permits. Please pre-register to ensure your spot in a competition.
- You will be able to pay competition/practice fees and purchase merchandise with a credit card at this event. competition Registration Fee is $20 and $20 for additional competitions, payable to Splash Dogs (cash, check, or Visa/Master Charge). $20 to practice. If you decide to compete your practice fee will apply towards competition entry fee. Practice is for Open dock practice." - SW Florida Dog Diving Club
There will be a barbeque and raffle following the speed swim. One must RSVP, email@example.com, to attend.
Address of event's location is 7900 Buckingham Road in Fort Myers, Fla.
Enjoy video clip of "How to Teach Your Dog Basic Jumping Skills." Follow SW Florida Dog Diving Club on Facebook!