For one Almond, Wis. man (Yes he’s really from a place called Almond and no we’re not talking about Almond Joy candy bars), his embarrassing story shows the chocolate-enrobed candy bar with caramel and peanuts can be more than just satisfying, it can be downright dentally dangerous.
MSN Now reported today on Robert Galvan, who has been eating approximately three Snickers a day for many years. Last week, as he was munching his way through his daily candy bar rations, he spit out something that was a little harder than a peanut – a tooth.
Disgusted, the surprise in his Snickers left Galvan feeling ill and even worried about contracting some sort of disease because of having someone else’s tooth in his mouth.
“You could catch hepatitis from that,” the Wis. man claimed.
The twist to the story is that Galvan reported his tooth fairy-like find to his local news station, and then, a few days later, went to see his dentist. Turns out the tooth was his own.
The incident now has Galvan cutting up his Snickers into small bite-sized chunks, much like Seinfeld’s George Costanza’s preference to eat his candy bars with a fork and knife. Even though the tooth was his own, it still grosses Galvan out.
“I can smell it; I want to eat it,” Galvan said in his home as he stared at his minced Snickers on a plate. “I just can’t do it.”
The lesson to be learned? As MSN pointed out, next time that happens, call the dentist first, before your local news.