The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Xbox 360 quietly received the 1.8 update Friday morning bringing a handful of fixes in preparation for the release of the Dragonborn DLC.
The update is an approximately 25 MB download on the Xbox and contains the following fixes.
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
The PC received this patch already at the beginning of this month. There's been no word on when it will release to the Playstation 3 though there have been hints that it may solve the DLC problems for the console.
Update: Bethesda finally put out word on the 1.8 update and clarified that it is only available in English speaking territories. A release date for non-English territories and the PS3 is still in the works.
The Dragonborn DLC is due out for Xbox LIVE on December 4 for 1600 MS Points ($20) and adds the island of Solstheim off the coast of Morrowind. There players will find more monsters and other characters including a main quest featuring the original Dragonborn.