The 1.7 title update for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was finally released Monday for European PS3 owners two and a half weeks after it was released in North America.
According to Bethesda VP Pete Hines, the different release date for the Skyrim patch was caused by the fact that the certifications processes for North America and Europe are different for North America and Europe and are run by two different Sony groups. That's probably little consolation for European PS3 owners though who have attacked Hines and Bethesda on Twitter.
The 1.7 update comes with a number of memory and performance optimizations along with some bug fixes. More importantly, it rolls up the 1.6 update which includes new features such as mounted combat and a long list of bug fixes. The 1.6 update is necessary for the Playstation 3 version of Skyrim to receive the Dawnguard expansion which still does not have a release date for the Sony console.
Note that because the 1.6 and 1.7 updates are combined into a single release, the latest version for Skyrim on the PS3 should show as 1.6.
Here are all the new features and fixes included in the 1.6/1.7 update for the Skyrim version of PS3.
SKYRIM UPDATE 1.7
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
SKYRIM UPDATE 1.6
- Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse
- General stability and memory optimizations
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
- Fixed rare crash with lighting
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
- In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)