This is part of a series to help managers and human resources professionals to understand the various religions in the workplace. Based on the Religion Culture Bridge and used with permission from Max Impact,
Here are some important aspects of Muslim giving.
Charitable giving for Muslims is an obligation.
Beyond this obligatory charity there are other acts of charity which are strongly encouraged. We are taught that acts of charity and piety eliminate sin from our lives to help purify our souls for the Day of Resurrection. It is for this goal that a Muslim should give and continue establishing methods of charity for himself or herself so that there will be a balance of good deeds to more than outweigh the bad on the Day of Judgment.
Creating the culture of charitable giving does not happen overnight; one must practice the mindset in daily tasks. One should be giving of himself or herself on a day to day basis with family, friends, co-workers and whomever he or she meets. When one establishes this kind of attitude then charitable giving of the monetary kind will come freely.
Finally, charitable giving is a mercy that we can do toward other humans in this life. God is merciful to us in all that he has provided in this life, it is a duty for us to share that mercy upon others. No matter what religion one clings to, this aspect cannot be denied.
Predominant religions of the world
- Christian 33.03% of the world’s population
- Islam (Muslim) 20.12%
- Hinduism 13.34%
- Buddhism 5.89%
- Atheism 2.36%
- Sikhism 0.39%
- Judaism 0.23%
- Baha’i n/a
This is an excerpt from the Religion Culture Bridge which is part of the Culture Bridges available from Max Impact, a Rochester Hills, Mich., based leadership development and business strategy website offering a host of complimentary information. © Max Impact, used by permission.
Additional workplace culture resources
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Leading workplace culture books
- Performance Culture provides a simplified approach to create a company culture that has proven to work
- The Great Workplace shows how to build and keep a great workplace and the benefits of doing so.
- Change the Culture, Change the Game offers a breakthrough strategy for energizing an organization and creating accountability for top results.