Caleb Howe said at The Right Scoop that Perry showed panelist "photos of the year” and asked them to offer humorous captions.
When Harris-Perry showed a Romney family photo that included the most recent addition, the panelists laughed.
Howe observed that Pia Glenn began by sing-songing off-camera that “one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn’t the same."
The rest of the panel simply chuckled along.
But that wasn't enough.
The panel then used the photo to bash the GOP.
“It sums up the diversity of the Republican party and the RNC, where they have the whole convention and they find the one black person,” one panelist said at the end.
Twitter users took Harris-Perry to task for the classless and overtly racist display, Twitchy said.
"The depravity of @MHarrisPerry knows no bounds," one person said.
"Liberals still reacting to Romney's grandchild with the (lack of) class you've come to expect," another person added.
"Shame on her to use an innocent baby, who is loved by the Romney family, unconditionally," tweeted "Twin66."
Actor Nick Searcy, himself the father of an adoptive black child, dared Harris-Perry to mock him.
"Yo, Melissa! Mock me too!" he tweeted.
"Now all transracial adoptions are 'tokens,' thanks to Melissa," he said in another tweet.
Searcy went on to say that liberals need the races divided and pitted against each other for political gain.
"They have no love," he added.
Searcy also agreed with conservative talk show Dana Loesch, who said Harris-Perry owes the child and the entire Romney family an apology.
Ironically, MSNBC is the network that claims every utterance by a Republican -- even words like "Chicago" and "golf" -- is racist.
Incidents like this are the reason we refer to MSNBC as the official network of insane liberal hate.
- MSNBC: Saying 'golf' and 'Chicago' is racist
- By their actions, liberals prove they are the real racists
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz racist for saying it's great to be in America
- Portland school sees racism in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Dry asparagus prompts allegations of racism against Missouri grocery store
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Racism behind Obama's falling popularity among whites
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: GOP calling Obama 'Obama' attempt to 'delegitimize' him
- Black Caucus executive director: Conservative opposition to Obama is racism
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.