The Pokemon Company International updated the Global Link website Monday to reveal that a new version of the online service will be released for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y on the Nintendo 3DS. Unfortunately, that also means that existing multiplayer features will be lost for Pokemon Black and White as well as Black and White 2.
The Pokemon Global Link service for Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 will be closed completely on Jan. 14, 2014. Online functionality for Game Sync, Dream World, GTS tracking, Rating Mode and WiFi Memory Link will no longer work at that point.
However, using GTS in game and Free Rating in the Random Matchup will continue to work along with the other online features in the Black and White games.
The new Pokemon Global Link service will launch on Oct. 12, 2013 alongside Pokemon X and Y. No new features for the service have been announced yet but the company did say that users "will be able to carry over certain achievements and records..if they register for the new Pokemon Global Link using their existing user name.
Here is the exact schedule of when Global Link features will be turned off for the Pokemon Black and White titles.
Dec. 10, 2013
- Putting a Pokémon to sleep will go offline
Oct. 12, 2013
- Dream World trial version will go offline
- New user registration will go offline
Jan. 14, 2014
- GTS tracking for Gen V ends
- Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline
- WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline
- C-Gear, Musical and Pokédex Skin changing deactivates
- Waking up your Pokémon to get items and Pokémon deactivates
- Ability to wake up your Pokémon from the Global Link deactivates