Will you be watching the biggest night in Hollywood tomorrow night? Will you be tuning in for red carpet coverage to pick your "Best Dressed" favorites?
The best way to enjoy the annual epic night of stars is with a festive recipe to accompany it.
Florida Orange Seafood Jambalaya
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Citrus
- ¾ pound andouille sausage, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- ¾ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups long grain rice, washed
- 2 cups Florida orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (12-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- ¾ pound medium Louisiana shrimp
- 1 pound whole Louisiana crawfish
- 18 Louisiana oysters, shucked
- ½ cup Florida orange segments, seeded
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
Place andouille sausage and butter in large saucepan; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion, green pepper and celery; cook for additional 5 minutes. Add rice, orange juice, water, wine, tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme, Creole seasoning and Tabasco®; cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Add shrimp and crawfish; cover and cook an additional 7 to 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and add oysters; cover and let rest for 8 minutes to allow oysters to cook gently. Remove bay leaves. Garnish with orange segments and green onions.
Yield: 6 servings.