Starting Tuesday morning, members of both houses of Congress began receiving copies of documents demanding the resignations of six top government officials for violating their oath of office from members of Operation American Spring, the group said in a press release emailed to Examiner.com Wednesday.
The documents also include articles of impeachment against President Obama for what the group calls high crimes against the state.
"This bold move is only the second time in our nation’s rich history such a demand has been made to relieve our
oppressed and abused people from an egalitarian, corrupt, and unresponsive regime," the group said.
The group also said Americans have only two options: Either "surrender to totalitarian rule by Marxist ideologues, or enforce our American ideals and principles."
Operation American Spring said that it envisions 10 to 20 million Americans committed to reforming the government, and, according to a group spokesperson, may meet or exceed that goal.
OAS says it is modeled after the Arab Spring that saw regime change in Egypt, along with other successful, popular, and massive demonstrations against oppressive bureaucracies.
"And in the face of those who claim that even if those numbers are achieved, there is no way our corrupt leadership will comply with the People’s demands—one only has to witness the Arab and Ukrainian movements—where they turned out their corrupt and incompetent usurpers without the benefit of Constitutional validation," OAS added.
The goal, according to retired Col Harry Riley, is the removal of President Obama, Vice President Biden, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio and California Democrat Nancy Pelosi, the House Minority Leader.
- Millions of Americans will participate.
- American veterans and patriots are energized to end the tyranny, lawlessness, and shredding of the US Constitution.
- Government is not the target, it is sound; corrupt and criminal leadership must be removed.
- Those in power will not hesitate to use force against unarmed patriots exercising their constitutional rights.
- Patriots may be killed, wounded, incarcerated.
- There is no hope given today’s technology of secrecy for the effort nor do we want it secret.
OAS said there is one thing no one can deny: "The People outnumber their administrators, and regardless how much control the ones at the top seize, they always fall—always have, always will."
"It only matters how much pain they are willing to inflict on the People, and how much pain our ‘leaders’ are willing to bear themselves, before they collapse," OAS concluded.
- Facebook event calls for execution of Operation American Spring organizer
- Retired Army officer calls for 'American Spring' to oust Obama, other leaders
- Retired General: Military purges a real concern, Jarrett pulling the strings
- Author: Military 'purge' meant to weed out officers who won't fire on Americans
- Retired General calls for forced resignation of Obama, administration officials
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens