Those who had their insurance plans canceled as a result of Obamacare are encouraged to participate in an online protest Monday using the hashtag #MyHealthPlanDied, Twitchy reported Sunday. Those who have received cancellation notices are also being asked to tweet the notices to the White House.
"Tomorrow is a national day of mourning & protest. Tweet your cancellation notice to @whitehouse - use #myhealthplandied," conservative columnist Michelle Malkin tweeted Sunday.
Twitchy noted that Obama repeatedly told Americans they could keep their health care coverage if they liked it.
"The New York Times covered for Obama, saying the president 'misspoke,' and White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer recently updated the promise to 'if you like your plan and it hasn’t already been changed or canceled, you can keep it,'” Twitchy added.
Worse yet, Obama's political aides knew Americans would not be able to keep their insurance, but decided to continue spreading the lie, citing "simplification and ease of explanation."
Democrats who pushed the massive law also knew for years that Americans would lose their coverage, but lied to the public about it.
Now, Democrats and various media outlets are singing a different tune, blaming Republicans or dismissing criticism altogether, saying the plans that were lost were probably no good anyway.
Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., for example, told constituents to "get over it."
According to the Associated Press, at least 3.5 million Americans have lost their coverage, and the protest would love to see those notices tweeted to the White House. The exact number is unknown, the AP said, because data is unavailable in half the states.
"Feckless MSM parroting Dem lies that our canceled plans were horrible & that options are now better. Push back against false narratives," Malkin tweeted.
Twitchy said those participating in the protest need to:
- Tweet your cancellation to @WhiteHouse and @MyCancellation;
- Use #MyHealthPlanDied hashtag for all related tweets; and
- Contact local media with your story.
"Enough is enough," Twitchy said.
- Dem. Rep. Steve Cohen on Obamacare flaws: 'Change is hard. Get over it'
- Disturbing: Fox's Jim Angle says Obamacare operator knew he was in the media
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Sebelius denies Obama broke promise that Americans can keep current insurance
- Top Democrat admits: ‘We knew’ Americans would lose their health care under Obamacare
- WH website still promising you can keep your health insurance
- Dem Rep. John Lewis: Opposition to Obamacare is racism
- Obama admin knew of policy cancellations for years, claims ACA not responsible
- Video shows 19 times Obama lied about reducing insurance premiums by $2500 per year
- Michele Bachmann: Obamacare 'crown jewel of socialism'
- John Conyers: Obamacare "platform" to socialized health care
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Boeing to cut back on health care thanks to Obamacare
- Five most memorable Democratic House quotes of 2010
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Mike Lee are 'terrorists'
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?