The narrative — a segment of the population singing the praises of Obamacare — is welcome news for a president whose continuing slide in the polls reveals that Americans aren’t wild about his health care law. Whether he will invite Caressa Kisses to testify at his next Rose Garden event is another matter.
Carson City, Nev., ABC affiliate KXTV notes that “independent contractors” (read: prostitutes) at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, one of the few legal brothels in the country, have been virtually uninsurable till now. Many of the sex workers are delighted to be gaining coverage (so to speak). The aforementioned Kisses told reporters:
They just, they absolutely equate us to illegal working girls that have very high rates of STDs and AIDS. And so, since they group us into the illegal working girls, they just deny us. I mean, I have the best car insurance in the world, but that's the only thing that's covered.
Coworker Bella Dawn is also happy to have coverage. "It is truly a miracle because it is harder for us to get health insurance because not everyone understands our profession and agrees with what we do."
Bunny Ranch owner Dennis Hof has mixed reactions to the law. On the one hand, he notes, “It's wonderful because finally they're going to be able to get insurance as the independent contractors they are, and some with pre-existing conditions." At the same time, although his prostitutes will now be insured, the same will hold true for roughly 150 non-prostitute employees at his several businesses. The cost to him will be about $250,000 per year.
- Barack Obama refers to failing Healthcare.gov as ‘my website’
- The ‘Obamacare worm’ crawls into the life of another family with chronically ill children
- Three cancer patients, 2 of them children, lose coverage because of Obamacare
- The moral conundrum facing left-wing extremists if the Obamacare website starts working
- Dems, president can run but they can’t hide from Obamacare
- How long will MSM keep trying to whitewash Obamacare’s failure with anecdotal evidence?
- Love it or hate it, Obamacare redistributes wealth
- True Confessions: ‘How Obamacare forced my mom to become a whore of the state’
- Libs desperate to prove Obamacare will succeed
- Obama, Dems cease referring to health care law as Obamacare
- ‘You screwed me over,’ says woman cited by Obama as Obamacare success story
- A confused Nancy Pelosi attempts — and fails — to wriggle out of her own Obamacare lie
- Healthcare.gov lowers sights: 80% enrollment new measure of ‘success’
- Add Pelosi to list of Dems who promised you could keep your health plan
- Upshot of Obama’s meeting with insurers: They knew what was in law, but he didn’t?
- Obama’s ‘fix’ exposes another Obamacare lie (Video)