Celebrating it's 25th anniversary, the 2013 North Shore Swim series will comprise of 4 swims held this summer on the North Shore of Oahu.
This year's series will begin with the Aloha Salads Summer Sprint (Jun. 22), a 1.0 mile swim from Sunset Beach to Ehukai Beach. Swimmers usually encounter small surf along the course as it passes many popular winter surfing breaks.
The second event, the Cholo's Waimea Bay Swim (Jul. 6), is a 1.2 mile swim circling Waimea Bay. This crystal clear course and convenient location is a favorite amongst all.
The third swim, the JACO Chun's to Waimea Bay Swim (Jul. 20), is a 1.6 mile swim starting at Chun's Reef and ending at Waimea Bay. This course can be challenging as competitors often swim upwind for much of the course.
The final swim, the Jamba Juice North Shore Challenge (Aug. 3), is a 2.3 mile course from Ehukai Beach, the home of the famous Banzai Pipeline to Waimea Bay. This swim is the longest and most prestigious of the four swims as well as the most scenic both above and below the water.
- Each race employs water safety with certified lifeguards on jet skis and surfboards
- Each swim is electronically timed
- Individual event times are combined and series awards are presented to top age groupers.
- On average, there are approximately 700 participants per swim
- Swims range from 1 mile to 2.3 miles - appealing to all ages and abilities