Update 8/2/14: On Saturday, Sasha was adopted!
On July 26, a 13-year-old dog named "Sasha" was surrendered to the Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control facility in Lancaster, Calif.
Because the elderly dog was an owner surrender, she was immediately available for rescue or adoption. Today, the senior German shepherd mix is still at the facility - confused, frightened and likely feeling lost and betrayed.
On July 26, the Facebook page, PetConnect.Us, posted Sasha's photo to their Facebook followers, along with this information:
Someone called the shelter and found out Shasha is still there. SHAKING AND SCARED TO DEATH. The look on her face in the intake photo...at the moment she realizes her family left her...is heartbreaking.
Shasha has not been seen by the shelter vet so there are no medical notes. She must be a good girl because there are no behavior notes either. Life could be, should be, so much better for this senior Shepherd. Please SHARE for a home where Shasha can spend the rest of her life safe and loved.
Please take a moment to network Sasha's information to help increase her odds of being rescued; unfortunately, few people walk into an animal control facility seeking out elderly dogs.
- Petharbor link for Sasha here
- SHASHA - ID number A4738127
- Los Angeles County Animal Control - Lancaster at (661) 940-4191
- Facebook thread for Sasha here
- Please direct ALL inquiries about this dog to the facility where she is being held; ask for information about animal ID number A4738127
- Temperament information is not publicly available - please make inquiries about this dog's behavior to the facility where she is currently located
If you would like to continue receiving the latest dog-related news, tips and advice, please click the word "Subscribe," near the top of the article. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for more stories and updates.