A Genesee County, NY, witness reported watching a low flying, triangle-shaped UFO where the back edge of the object appeared to be a hologram with blurry, hard to define edges, according to January 2, 2013, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness had stepped outside of his business for a cigarette in the small town of Corfu, about 20 miles east of Buffalo, when the object was first seen.
"I looked up to the north-northwest and saw this craft that was flying by right above the shop and parallel with the county road that the shop is on," the witness stated. "I could hear a slight humming-buzzing."
The witness ran back into the business momentarily to get a second witness to come outside.
"It was triangular in shape and seemed like it was way too low. Had four to six lights on it."
The witness says the view of the craft was clear.
"It seemed like the back edge of it was a hologram or it went through a blurry change with no hard line to define the back edge of the craft. Also, when it did this, another light seemed to appear on the back edge as well. I watched as it flew to the west and slowly went out of sight with no apparent rush."
The witness summed up the experience.
"It just flew in a straight line as though it was kind of blurry and morphing, with a few lights on it and no wings or regular engine noise. Triangular in shape with some apparent outline, but blurry as well."
Corfu is a village in Genesee County, population 709. The above quotes were edited for clarity. No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on January 2, 2013. The events occurred on December 10, 2012, about 7:30 p.m.
Recent triangle UFO coverage includes:
- Dark triangle UFO reported over California beach community
- Closed triangle UFO cases: September 2012 yields 17 reports
- Video: Christmas Day UFO hovers over Pennsylvania town
- Triangle UFO surface appeared 'shimmering' over Georgia town
- Pennsylvania witness says black triangle lacked 'normal lights'
- Kentucky witness says triangle UFO hovered 300 feet above roadway
- Video: Triangle UFO reported low over small Michigan town
- Black triangle UFO approaches witness silently in North Carolina
- UFO 'no joke' for Indiana Mom after second rural encounter
- Michigan couple encounters two low flying V-shaped objects
- Maryland witness describes large, low flying triangle UFO
- Four triangle UFOs over Jacksonville appear to scan ground
- Low flying triangle UFO coverage continues over Nebraska
- 'Huge triangle' UFO reported hovering over Missouri home
Recent coverage of New York UFOs includes:
- Queens witness: UFO expanded to reveal 'silver plated top'
- White cigar UFO reported hovering near University of Buffalo
- New York witness can't identify maneuvering bright light
- Silent lights reported moving over Huntington Station
- Light looks out of place near Amenia, New York
- Corona witness reports lights in 'constant circular pattern'
New York is a current UFO ALERT 4 rating, with a higher than average number of UFO sightings nationally. New York had 17 reports in December 2012 - the 8th highest reporting state while California had 75 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If New York MUFON State Director Samuel A. Falvo investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
December 10, 2012, 7:30 p.m., Corfu, NY - Triangle with 4-6 lights. body seemed muddy, the back looked like it morhped its edge with extra light as it flew overhead. Case 44933.
I work at a tattoo shop , went outside for a cigarette , and noticed a triangular craft flying from west to east. I was about 20 miles east of Buffalo , New York , right before Christmas of 2012. It was around 7-8pm , I dont know what day of the week it was. I looked up to the North Northwest and seen this craft that was flying by right above the shop , parallel with county road the shop is on. I could hear a slight humming / buzzing , I ran inside to get a friend , and she came out and witnessed it as well. It was triangular in shape , seemed like it was way too low , had 4-6 lights on it. As it flew by , I had a good clear view , it seemed like the back edge of it was a hologram or went through a blurry change with no hard line to define the back edge of the craft. Also when it did this another light seemed to appear on the back edge as well. I watched as it flew to the west and slowly went out of sight with no apparent rush. I went back inside and said , " I know I am not crazy " It just flew in a straight line as though it was kind of blurry and morphing , with a few lights on it and no wings or regular engine noise. Triangular in shape with some apparent outline , but blurry as well.