A new updated pack has been revealed on Jan. 14 for the PC version of the multiplatform title, “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim,” upgrading the graphics of the dragons that appear in the video game. The mod features several improvements to the colors, textures and other details of the iconic creatures. You can take a look at some screens of the mod, as well as several older shots from the open-world role-playing game, in the slideshow at the top of this article. You can also check out the download link and the list of improvements below (courtesy of Skyrim Nexus):
- Coloring looks more natural and less desaturated than before. Many horns/spines were poorly colored or completely the wrong color.
- Fixed/Reduced as many bad texture/mesh seams as possible.
- Removed/reduced *Grease-like* look on some dragon types, which was causing more seam issues.
- Major changes to Odahviing's texture. He was completely missing an eye texture, coloring was terrible (he was pink), and corrected several seams.
- Alduin is slightly darker and completely grey-scale, enhancing his stylized theme that is inspired from volcanic rock/glass.
- Completely new eye texture for most dragon types (Blood Dragon no longer has frog-eyes).
- Includes every known prior fix to textures/meshes, including the HD DLC "Fix" files.
- The Ancient Dragon never had a high-definition texture, it does now.
- Increased resolution of the translucent file for the various dragon wings, creating exponentially higher detail within the wing membranes.
- Changed the color of the mouth/gums from a strange purple to a more natural pink, filled in some ugly holes where teeth apparently used to be.
In addition to the PC platform, “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” is also available on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles. The latest video game from “The Elder Scrolls” franchise, which was developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks, came out for all three aforementioned platforms in North America on Nov. 11, 2011. You can buy the title in the following link: “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim”