One billion people worldwide - a figure that grows in winter - are estimated to be vitamin D deficient. Seventy-six percent of pregnant women are severely deficient, resulting in 65 percent of their unborn children being severely deficient. Nearly half (48 percent) of girls ages nine to 11 are deficient. One company wants to put a dent in those statistics with its new natural vitamin D solution that addresses deficiency inside and out.
Skin Authority has launched VitaD Fortified Illuminating DUO, “The first commercial whole food source of vitamin D."
Vitamin D deficiency solution
Skin Authority CEO Celeste Hilling and the Skin Authority team worked with Dole Nutrition Institute for nearly two years in harnessing "the only 100 percent vegan, whole food, plant-based sources of Vitamin D." Hilling says, “Skin Authority partnered with Dole Nutrition Institute because we share a vision that health is an ‘inside out’ concern. We took the topical expertise of Skin Authority and combined it with Dole’s nutrition expertise. The DUO is the first in a series of partnerships that take nutrition from the table to the cosmetic counter.”
Why vitamin D?
- Vitamin D sufficiency may be as important to disease prevention as eating healthy and working out
- Vitamin D deficiency may be linked to cancer, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disease, bone loss, eczema, psoriasis, depression and many other serious health conditions
- Vitamin D directly or indirectly controls over 1,000 genes in the body
- It’s not possible to get enough vitamin D through food sources or diet
- Seasonal variations (such as dreary weather in the winter), geographical location and aging reduce our skin’s ability to manufacture vitamin D from sunlight.
The Dish on the DUO
A Complete “nutrition sandwich," the new VitaD Fortified Illuminating DUO combines Skin Authority’s VitaD Fortified Topical Elixir, to brighten and strengthen the skin, with its VitaD Fortified Whole Food Spice Powder, a powder to sprinkle on your food throughout the day to replenish the body’s internal vitamin D levels.
Suggests Hilling, “Vitamin D is manufactured in the skin. Less than one percent of the nutrients we ingest ever makes its way to the skin. In addition to boosting internal levels of D, we need to also ensure our skin is receiving its benefits as well. The VitaD Fortified Illuminating DUO is an easy, effective way to add vitamin D into a daily routine without the hassle factor. The unique ‘inside out’ delivery system offers a complete nutrition 'sandwich' that is safe for everyone.”
VitaD Fortified Topical Elixir is a multi-action, lightweight formula that provides a topical dose of vitamin D and essential nutrients to nourish the skin for firm, bright luminosity.
- Vitamin rich compound infuses skin with essential skin nutrients including, A, D2, D3, E, and K
- Includes both forms of vitamin D, D2 and D3, for a full-spectrum effect
- Contains a powerful oligopeptide to firm and brighten skin with continued use
- Is completely oil free, incorporating the Dry Finish Technology exclusive from Skin Authority.
VitaD Fortified Whole Food Spice Powder provides an all-natural, plant-based vitamin D source in its whole form for more nutritional impact that works with any diet – including vegan or raw.
Whole Food Spice Powder
- Only 100 percent vegan, plant-source of vitamin D
- Each teaspoon (1.42g) equals 600 IU of vitamin D, making it easier for anyone to reach their recommended daily value
- Shaker dispenser for ease of adding to any meal or drink
- Easily added to soups, sauces, casseroles, dressings, entrees, pasta, rice, oatmeal, smoothies, etc.
The VitaD Fortified Illuminating DUO retails for $79.00 (US$ suggested) and includes the VitaD Fortified Topical Elixir, (1.0 fl oz/ 30 ml) which retails for $59 (US$ suggested) and the VitaD Fortified™ Whole Food Spice Powder (1.0 oz / 28.4 g) which retails for $20 (US$ suggested). They are available at www.SkinAuthority.com and through the Skin Authority network of exclusive spas and prestige retailers.