Another patch update is available to download for GTA 5 on PS3 and Xbox 360 with the release of GTA 5 title update 1.08. Likewise, an additional GTA Online cash exploit has been discovered. A report from Product Reviews on Dec. 18 details a new method in which players can gain mass wealth while playing the multiplayer aspect of Grand Theft Auto 5.
According to the report, a user has modified the game to earn billions of dollars of in-game currency for committing robberies. This user has decided to share their collection of wealth with every player that joins his modified game lobby.
Those worried about being punished by Rockstar Games can rest easy as the user is confident that only he is at risk of being banned.
To counter the recent appearance of infinite money glitches and other exploits, Rockstar Games released GTA 5 1.08 patch earlier in the week. The patch fixed several exploitations, including the duplication of vehicles. Players would sell the extra cars for in-game currency.
Grand Theft Auto 5 was released in Sept. for PS3 and Xbox 360. Grand Theft Auto Online was released in Oct. and has been receiving periodic updates to combat exploiters and cheaters. You can find the complete list of fixes and changes made to GTA Online below in the title update 1.08 patch notes:
• Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.
* Increased cash payouts for Races, Deathmatches, and Last Team Standing, especially in games with 8 or more players
• Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
• Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
• Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
• Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
• Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
• Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
• BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you'll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you'll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend's Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
• Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
• Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
• Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race.
• Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
• Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
• Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
• The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
• Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
• Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
• Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
• Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
• Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
• Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
• Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
• Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.
• Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of “00d00h00m”.