It's time to get the "wip" out! Besides National Bird Day, Jan. 5 also celebrates the birth of a very special man. On this day back on 1914, Aaron "Bunny" Lapin was born. While his name may not be too familiar, his invention sure is! Jan. 5 is National Whipped Cream Day, an annual food-inspired holiday that celebrates one of America's most iconic products!
Reddi-wip Whipped Cream
In 1948, Lapin invented Reddi-wip Whipped Cream. Made with real, honest-to-goodness cream and zero calories, the whipped concoction in an aerosol can was originally delivered door-to-door by milkmen. Now available in four varieties, the creamy topping is still a great big hit no matter how one enjoys it!
In honor of National Whipped Cream Day, why not "whip up" a few of the tasty recipes listed below?
10 Tasty Reddi-wip Recipes
- Frosted Coffee Float - You'll need brewed coffee Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix, vanilla ice cream and Reddi-wip Original Dairy Whipped Topping.
- Creamy Mocha Hot Cocoa - 'Tis the season for hot chocolate!
- Cranberry-Raspberry Mousse - This pretty dish calls for raspberry Jello, cranberry juice cocktail, cran-raspberry sauce, Cool Whip and Reddi-wip.
- Fresh Berry Smoothie - This refreshing beverage calls for vanilla ice cream, fresh berries, 2 percent milk and Reddi-wip.
- Reddi-wip Filled Cupcakes - This recipe calls for one package of extra moist cake mix, one can of Reddi-wip and sprinkles and toppings of your choice.
- Three Way Chocolate Pie - Oh my!
- Reddi-wip Spring Desserts - All you need for these sweet treats are vanilla wafers, strawberries and Reddi-wip.
- Fresh Strawberry Tart - Top off this sweet treat with a little whipped topping.
- Strawberry Amaretto Shots - You'll need fresh strawberries, chocolate-flavored Reddi-wip and amaretto.
- Homemade Reddi-wip - Make your own version with this recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie.