Get ready to raise your glass, America! A delightful beverage holiday is hours away and Americans are in the mood to celebrate! May 9 is National Moscato Day, a spirited holiday created by the Gallo Family Vineyards, that celebrates the delightful wine, Moscato. It’s time to drink wine!
Available in a wide variety of price points, Moscato is popular wine in America and around the world. The light-bodied, aromatic wine goes perfectly with variety of tasty desserts, fruit, salads and of course, by the glass. Available in red, white, pink and other delightful flavors, Moscato should be nicely chilled before serving.
In honor of the occasion, why not whip up one or two of the delish dishes and cocktail recipes listed below?
- Pink Moscato Lemonade – If you need a little something to whet your whistle, check out this recipe that calls for Gallo Moscato, lemon-lime soda, frozen pink lemonade concentrate and raspberries.
- Moscato Ginger Margarita – How does a Margarita sound right about now? This refreshing beverage calls for silver tequila, ginger simple syrup, GFV Moscato, lime and orange juice, rock salt and a lime wheel for garnish.
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria – You’ll need raspberry simple syrup, red berry or raspberry vodka, lemon-lime soda, Pink Moscato, raspberries and strawberries for this beverage.
- Mango Moscato Sprtizers – Talk about refreshing! This recipe calls for a ripe mango, granulated sugar, Gallo White Moscato, soda water and ice.
- Moscato Gelee with Strawberry Compote – This recipe calls for GFV Moscato, granulated sugar, unflavored powdered gelatin, strawberries and lemon zest.
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops – Run, don’t walk, to get this delightful recipe from Girli Chef!
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes – If you’re looking for a sweet treat to eat on this fine day, check out these fabulous pink cupcakes!
Whether you consider yourself a connoisseur, enthusiast, novice or weekend warrior, pop the cork and take a nice long sip in honor of National Moscato Day! And as always, please drink responsibly.