If you celebrated the Halloween "howliday", chances are pretty good you enjoyed a few sweet treats to eat. Now it's time to pay the piper! Nov. 1 is National Brush Day, an annual "holiday" observed on the day following Halloween that shines the spotlight on the importance of oral health.
Regular brushing and flossing helps keep teeth and gums healthy keeping dental decay at bay. In fact, brushing your teeth for just a few minutes a day can help prevent painful and expensive dental issues down the road. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), "tooth decay is the most chronic childhood disease - more than 16 million children suffer from untreated tooth decay."
In honor of National Brushing Day, why not make brushing teeth a fun experience? Encourage your children to watch one or two of the fun videos for 2 minutes, twice a day. Brushing two minutes, two times a day helps protect against tooth decay! Don't forget flossing and regular visits to the dentist, too! You can also receive free Oral Health Tips on your cellphone by signing up.
Speaking of holidays....
- 20 Free Gingerbread House Patterns
- 6 Festive Christmas Punch Recipes
- 25 Best Homemade Gingerbread Cookie Recipes
- Holiday whiskey balls & rum balls recipes perfect for Christmas
- Best pecan pie recipes for Christmas
- Divine Christmas Eggnog Recipes
- 25 Gourmet Fruitcake Recipes
- 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes: Best Homemade Cookies for the Holidays
- 15 Christmas Cupcake Recipes for the Holidays
- Free Christmas Gift Tags
- Holiday Hazards & Dangers for Pets
- 15 Homemade Holiday Pet Treats
- 31 Decadent Chocolate Cookie Recipes