The Major League Gaming Fall Championship starts tonight in Dallas, Texas and will run through November 4th. There will be over 1,500 competitors in attendance and more than $180,000 in prizes on the line. The event will start being broadcast free online at www.majorleaguegaming.com/live. Live coverage begins at 5:00 p.m. Central Time (6:00 Eastern).
Here is the prize breakdown:
- Mortal Kombat on PlayStation 3 – $16,700 in prizes: The popular fighting game will return to the Pro Circuit in Dallas as top players compete on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3.
- Halo 4 (exclusive pre-release tournament) - $40,000 in prizes: Making its return to the Pro Circuit, the latest installment of the storied franchise will be featured in a pre-release tournament days before the game is released to the public on November 6. More than 850 of the best players in MLG history will compete in teams of four.
- StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty on PC - $76,000 in prizes; $25,000 for 1st Place: Hundreds of players from around the world will compete in Blizzard Entertainment’s intense real-time strategy game for the 1st place prize of $25,000.
- League of Legends on PC - $30,000 in prizes: Eight teams including Team SoloMid, Azubu Blaze, Najin Sword and Curse Gaming will battle for 1st place recognition in this invitational.
- TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 on PS3 - $15,000 in prizes: The recently released game will make its Pro Circuit tournament debut with the competition running Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3.
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on PS3 - $5,000 in prizes: All event attendees will have the exclusive opportunity to participate in a pre-release tournament for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale™ before the game is released on November 20th. Free of charge, attendees can play and compete on open stations on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3. Top finishers will advance to a bracket on Sunday, November 4 for a chance at $5,000 in prizes.