The Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Title Update 10 corrects a now notorious bug that was causing Xbox LIVE Silver members to receive an error message every time they tried to load a saved world. There was a workaround but, as with most workarounds, it was not ideal.
Other fixes include the squashing of a lighting bug, stutters and freezes from explosions, plus issues with the Dispenser block mishandling potions, lava and water.
The title update is available now and you will be prompted to download it the next time you fire up Minecraft on the Xbox 360 and are connected to Xbox LIVE.
The release of the update also opens the door for Microsoft to begin printing off the retail disks that were delayed from an end of April release to early June.
Here is the official list of fixes coming to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition in Title Update 10.
- Fix for Silver LIVE profiles getting an error message on loading a save.
- Fix for lighting bug causing unlit areas even when light sources were placed in the these areas.
- Fixed slowdown caused by explosions (TNT and Creepers).
- Fixed frame rate slowdown in The End being experienced by some players until the Endercrystals were destroyed.
- Fixed crash when placing lots of Item Frames with Maps inside.
- Fixed collision box issue at the top of Ladders.
- Fixed issues with animals taking damage randomly, or falling through the wooden planks floors.
- Made Dispenser suck water/lava back into an empty bucket.
- Fix for Potion Bottles being launched from a Dispenser.
- Enabled placing Pressure Plates on Nether Fence.
- Fixed an issue with Fire Charges sticking at the edge of the world.
- Change to not be able to place more than the maximum amount of Paintings/Item Frames, rather than removing previously placed ones.
- Stop players from interacting with Item Frames and Paintings when ‘Can Build and Mine’ is disabled.
- Fixed the Custom Skin Animation setting not working.
- Play the correct sound on hitting the Enderdragon.