Witnesses in Missouri and California reporting separate events on February 11, 2014, both describe helicopters chasing UFOs, according to testimony today in cases 54029 and 54034 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
A Missouri witness in Lone Jack was watching television at 6:01 p.m. Central Time, February 11, 2014, when the sound of a "loud helicopter thundering" overhead was heard. He immediately moved to a window facing south and looked outside.
"I saw a black military attack helicopter hauling ass just over my house at or below 300 feet from my roof top," the witness stated.
But then the witness noticed a second object in the sky.
"It was going east to west and then immediately turned south towards a thin, dark gray, disk object that had a white light modulating from it. The disk appeared less than a mile away heading north when it was as if the helicopter spooked it and it simply made an abrupt left turn heading northwest at an amazing speed towards Kansas City, Missouri."
The witness observed that the military helicopter was not able to catch up to the disc-shaped object.
"With the black military attack helicopter turning very hard 'almost vertical' around heading northwest in pursuit of it - whatever the object was - it definitely had the ability to out run the military helicopter and disappeared from sight."
Then two hours and 24 minutes later - in Anaheim, California - a witness was inside at a computer at 6:25 p.m. Pacific Time on February 11, 2014, when the sound of a loud helicopter was heard. The witness ran outside to a backyard facing west.
"I saw that the ground in the backyard was lit up pretty good," the witness stated. "I say 'lit up' because it was dark out and we have a patio cover so the sky is somewhat blocked."
But the witness was surprised to see two objects moving overhead.
"As I went out the sliding back door to my right I immediately saw an orb-like, star-shining object that was being chased by a helicopter."
The witness watched the scene.
"The helicopter did have its search light on so I'm guessing that's what the light was. So when I looked up I didn't even see the helicopter at first - all I saw was a bright white orb and then the helicopter. That's how low the two were. I viewed the helicopter chasing the orb (orb made no noise) from the west going toward the east."
The witness was fascinated with the objects.
"I was in awe on just how low these two were in the sky and on how the orb was just so bold and solid and brilliant. It was like a star passing by right in front of me. The helicopter had its blinking red and white lights on with the search light, but when the helicopter shined the light on the orb, it kept going out, or so it seemed."
The witness watched both objects move off into the distance.
"I viewed these two flying toward the east, way off into the distance, and kept viewing for as long as I could when the orb suddenly disappeared for 2 to 4 seconds and then reappeared for another 20 seconds and then disappeared again."
MUFON receives reports every year from around the country where a military jet or helicopter appears to be following or chasing a UFO.
"These types of incidents are certainly something we watch for," said MUFON Executive Director Jan C. Harzan, reached today at his Newport Beach, CA, headquarters office. "Some of the more important historical UFO events include a military presence. And in a small number of cases nationally, we do have reports where a witness will encounter a UFO and then see what appears to be a military jet or helicopter coming into the same airspace. Witnesses in these cases typically report that the military vehicle appears to be chasing the UFO. It is definitely something we watch for because it supports the reality that we believe the U.S. government still investigates UFOs."
One example where MUFON investigated a case where the military was apparently chasing UFOs includes Military jets chase UFO over AZ town. This case was investigated by Arizona MUFON and the object was determined to be an Unknown. In this second example, Helicopter reported following low flying triangle over Rhode Island, State Director Fred Saluga closed this case as an Unknown.
Lone Jack is a city in Jackson County, MO, population 1,050. The Missouri incident was Case 54029. Missouri has a UFO Alert Rating of 4 with a higher than average number of recent reports. Missouri was the 10th highest reporting state with 19 reports in January 2014 - while California had 102 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation. Anaheim is a city in Orange County, CA, population 336,265. The California incident was Case 54034. No images or videos were included with either case.
Recent reports of low flying UFOs from around the country include:
- Florida witness has clues UFO may have landed outside bedroom window
- Arizona witness photographs red glowing disc UFO at tree tops
- Florida witness recalls 'being' watching from hovering UFO
- New York witness says sphere UFO moved close
- Disc UFO over Virginia exhibits odd flight pattern
- Phoenix witness asks for help identifying UFOs
- Washington witness reports 'entity' crossing highway
- Witness considering UFOs disguised as jets
- UFO sighting? Don't run away - object may be back
- Traffic brakes for hovering triangle UFO over small New Hampshire town
- Slow moving cigar UFO reported under 500 feet by Missouri witness
- New Jersey witness says Facebook photo captured UFO that hovered over house
- Connecticut witness 'didn't stick around' after encountering triangle UFO
- Witness follows cylinder UFO spotted at tree top level over North Carolina
- Triangle UFO reported low over Ohio field
- Giant silent sphere UFO with lights reported over Georgia town
- Oklahoma witness says object 'size of a van' hovered over her home
- Silent low flying UFO spotted moving over Oregon town
- Triangle UFO reported dipping below tree line in Michigan town
- Low flying orange UFO made U-turn while Arkansas witness watched
- UFO reports wanted: Washington witnesses say disc-shaped craft too big to miss
- Florida photo capture looks like disc UFO
- Low flying orb UFO observed hovering before darting away over California town
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or man-made. If Missouri and California MUFON investigate and report back on these cases, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.