Regardless of where your sympathies lie on the issue of abortion, you’re likely to be horrified by the manner in which an Ohio man sought to terminate the life of an unwanted fetus: By killing the woman he “knocked up” after she refused to abort his child.
The website of station WHIO writes 23-year-old Tanner Hopkins of Dayton was booked into the Montgomery County Jail on suspicion of felonious assault and weapons charges after allegedly attempting to shoot the expectant mother.
The 18-year-old victim, whose name has been withheld because she is a minor, told police late Sunday night that she was shot at by her unborn child’s father, who wants her to get an abortion. The young woman told authorities she was driving her car and had reached an intersection when Hopkins pulled up next to her and fired two shots at her without saying a word.
The woman was uninjured. Police recovered the slugs, which were found lodged in the rear door on the driver's side. Lucky for the woman that her attempted assailant is a lousy shot.
According to the police report, officers were dispatched to an address given for Hopkins, where they found him in bed with another young woman. Police also recovered the weapon used in the incident, a Raven Arms P25, in the suspect's shorts lying on the floor.
Hopkins was previously convicted of felonious assault in 2009.
- Reset: Obama turns from Syria to ‘women’s initiative’
- Pray for abortion? Midge Slater leads Democrats in prayer for ‘quality abortion care’
- Alveda King, MLK’s niece, is a plaintiff in a lawsuit against Obamacare
- Sarah Murnaghan’s Case illustrates why ObamaCare should be defunded
- Just a reminder: Welfare-state government is a minister of death
- Father defends 14-year-old daughter’s ‘Jesus isn’t a d**k’ message
- Texas legislature advances pro-life bill despite Democrat-led protests, threats