A Pennsylvania witness at Greensburg reported a "slow flying, diamond-shaped" object with three white and one orange light at its four points and a blinking red light at its center about 6:30 p.m. on January 9, 2013, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was outside on a relative's driveway holding a child when the object was first seen flying directly overhead.
"I observed the object was diamond-shaped, had a white light on three of its points, a blinking red light in the center and the fourth point was glowing orange, as if it were an interior light illuminating the whole point and bright enough to see a distinct diamond solid shape."
The witness continued to watch the object and noticed it was silent.
"It was at the same height of what the local helicopters fly and no noise. I watched it until it went behind the trees and house across the street. It flew low and slow in a straight line to the west towards Jeannette."
No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on January 10, 2013. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Greensburg is the county seat of Westmoreland County, PA, population 14,892.
Pennsylvania UFO coverage includes:
- Video: Christmas Day UFO hovers over Pennsylvania town
- Pennsylvania witness says black triangle lacked 'normal lights'
- Pennsylvania witness 'blinded' by light from cigar-shaped UFO
- Large object reported hovering over small Pennsylvania town
- Erie witness: Two objects emitting 'vertical beams of light to ground'
- Pennsylvania witness reports three unidentified lights over Baden
- Second witness testifies to Western Pennsylvania UFO sighting
- Third witness testifies in November Pennsylvania UFO sighting
- Second Pennsylvania witness comes forward in low flying triangle UFO case
- 'Glowing objects' reported hovering over Pennsylvania highway
- UFO reported hovering low over Pennsylvania highway
- Four cigar UFOs reported hovering near PA-DE state line
- Under 50 feet: UFO glided silently over Pennsylvania neighborhood
- Pennsylvania witness says objects hovering for several days
- 'Spherical object' reported moving over Pennsylvania highway
- Pennsylvania witnesses videotape 'two glowing red orbs' hovering over field
- Pennsylvania witness describes 'massive, circular' UFO moving overhead
Recent coverage of diamond-shaped UFOs includes:
- Diamond UFO spotted at tree line over small North Carolina town
- Texas witnesses report multiple objects moving at high speed
- UFO hovering at tree line moves toward New Hampshire couple
- Diamond-shaped object reported hovering low over Illinois town
- Diamond-shaped UFO reported at 500 feet over Missouri town
- Montana witness says golden diamond object not a meteor
- Pennsylvania veteran can't identify 'saucer' UFO moving overhead
- Witness says diamond-shaped object 'unlike anything ever seen'
- Witness says diamond-shaped object emitted humming noise
Pennsylvania is a current UFO ALERT 4 rating, with a higher than average number of UFO sightings nationally. Pennsylvania had 22 reports in December 2012 - the 5th highest reporting state while California had 75 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Pennsylvania MUFON State Director John Ventre investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
January 9, 2013, 6:30 p.m., Greensburg, Westmoreland County, PA - low, slow flying diamond shape. a white light on 3 points 4th point glowed from interior light orange. Case 45118.
Pulled into my mother in laws driveway about 6:30 pm, I got my son out of his car seat and was holding him in my arms. He looked up and said "airplane" I looked up and saw an object flying low directly above us. I said to my mother in law look at that. It looks weird. She said ohyeah it does. We started to walk up her front walk I was behind her and my son and I kept looking up at the object. I stopped and stood still to watch for a moment. I observed the object was diamond shaped, had a white light on 3 of its points a blinking red light in the center and the 4th point was glowing orange, as if it were an interior light illuminating the whole point and bright enough to see a distinct diamond solid shape. I turned to go inside and my mother in law handed me a bag of rock salt for her driveway. It was covered in packed snow/ice. I stopped to watch the object again and realized it was completely quiet. It was at the same height of what the local helicopters fly and no noise. I watched it until it went behind the trees and house across the street. It flew low, and slow in a straight line to the west. Towards Jeanette.