Blonding expert and “Shear Genius” judge Kim Vo won the award for favorite celebrity hairstylist or colorist at the Behind the Chair 2014 Stylist Choice Awards held Sunday evening at McCormick Place in Chicago. The 14th annual event honored the best of the hair industry, which included artists, salon equipment, tools and premium hair care products.
The 14th Annual Stylist Choice Awards aired live on Facebook Sunday night for beauty professionals and fans of the hair industry. Sponsored by the best hair care companies in the world, such as Kenra Professional, Goldwell, Macadamia Natural Oil, Keratin Complex, and more, often written about here, the Stylist Choice Awards showcased the latest and greatest hair trends, the hair care products that mold them and the hairstylists that create them.
BTC Stylist Choice Awards winners:
- Favorite Educator or Platform Artist: Beth Minardi
- Favorite Overall Professional Products Company: Wella Professionals
- Favorite Prestige Products Company: Aveda
- Favorite New Company: Sam Villa
- Favorite Product You Can't Live Without: Kenra Volume Spray 25
- Favorite New Shampoo/Conditioner: Redken Color Extend Magnetics
- Favorite New Styling Product: TIGI Bed Head On the Rebound
- Favorite Damage Repair Product: Joico K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor
- Favorite Fine/Thinning Hair Care: Nioxin Favorite Curl Enhancing Product Aveda Be Curly
- Favorite Texturizing Styling Product: Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
- Favorite Volumizing Product: Sexy Hair Big Root Pump Plus
- Favorite Oil: Moroccanoil Treatment
- Favorite Color Care Line: Aveda Color Conserve
- Favorite Hairspray: Kenra Volume Spray 25
- Favorite Dry Shampoo: TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret
- Favorite Chemical Texturizing Product/System: Matrix Opti.Curl
- Favorite Chemical Smoothing Product/System: Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy
- Favorite New Color Line: Wella Professionals Illumina
- Favorite Color Line: Reds Goldwell Topchic
- Favorite Color Line: Brunettes Redken Chromatics
- Favorite Color Line: High Lift Blonde Color Schwarzkopf Professional BLONDME
- Favorite Bleach Lightener: Wella Professionals Blondor
- Favorite Color Line for Gray Coverage: Matrix SOColor Dream Age
- Favorite Color Line for Creative Color: Pravana ChromaSilk VIVIDS
- Favorite Overall Color Company for Color Performance/Color Education: Wella Professionals
- Favorite Tool Company: Farouk Systems Inc/CHI
- Favorite Innovative Tool or Brush: Paul Mitchell's Neuro Styling Tools
- Favorite Hair Extensions: Great Lengths
- Favorite Makeup Line: TIGI Cosmetics
- Favorite Salon Software: Millennium Systems Intl.
- Favorite Furniture Company: Takara Belmont
The above list of the 2014 Stylist’s Choice Awards winners is a valuable tool for beauty professionals and their clients. It helps narrow down the top product lines to use on guests as well as carry in salons, and validates the hairstylist’s recommendations, too often overlooked with more affordable, yet inadequate options.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com. For more celebrity hairstyle how-to guides similar to the above, click subscribe or follow Deirdre on Twitter, like her on Facebook fan page, Ask the Pro, read her blog or email her any comments or questions.