On a recent episode of TMZ, one of the gossip gatherers held up a photo of Kim Kardashian, sighed and said, "That is one hot mama!" Literally. Just a few months after having baby North, Kim has brought back her banging bikini body. Now she's sharing her secrets for staying slim through the holidays, reports People magazine.
Kim's top tips:
- Stay low carb with the Atkins diet. Helping: "A chef to keep her meals carb free," says an inside source. Kardashian, 33, has managed to slim down even more, says an insider. Make the Atkins diet work for you with "New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great" (click for details).
- Work out regularly. "Kim is working out almost every day," explains the insider. "It's usually running and weight training."
- Be happy and be consistent. "It's hard, but she sticks with it pretty much all the time," says the source. "She's so happy. Life is good."
Colette Heimowitz, vice president of nutrition at Atkins, told E! News that Kim is eating "between "1,800 to 2,000 calories per day." A typical day:
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with cheese and spinach
- Snack No. 1: Hummus with veggies (cucumber, red pepper, broccoli)
- Lunch: Grilled salmon, asparagus, side salad with creamy dressing
- Snack No. 2: Turkey & Cheese Roll-ups or Greek Yogurt with slivered almonds & blueberries
- Dinner: Chicken breast, broccoli, side salad with olive oil dressing.
In addition, she recommends "proteins like fish, poultry, and lean meats; healthy fats like avocado, nuts, and olive oil; lots of colorful vegetables filled with antioxidants and fiber; and low glycemic fruits like berries—essential foods for maintaining energy."
Colette is author of a book that can turn you into your own personal chef with Atkins: "The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook: 200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less (click for details).