I got this question from Lance, on Facebook. The maintenance required light is designed to let you know when your vehicle is due for scheduled maintenance. When it comes on, check your “Service and Maintenance Guide” to see what is needed at the mileage on your odometer. When you are done servicing your Camry, you will need to reset the light. This covers 2004 through 2011 Toyota Camry models.
- Make sure your odometer is showing the actual mileage, not trip A or B.
- Turn the key to the LOCK position.
- Turn the key back to the ACC position
- Press and hold the trip/reset button.
- Continue to hold it down and turn the key to the ON position.
- Keep holding the button; the mileage will flash zeros until the actual mileage appears again.
- Release the button.
The Maintenance required light should no longer appear when you start your Camry—until the next scheduled maintenance.