A Mississippi witness in Tate County reported and photographed "a bright, hovering craft" that seemed to vanish after turning off its lights, according to January 6, 2013, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving along a country road and heading into town when a "very bright, blinding light" was seen.
"I thought it was a jet about to fall out of the sky," the witness stated.
But then the object shut off its lights.
"The craft just switched off its lights when I came to a stop in the road. I had my i5 phone so I jumped out and snapped a picture. At that moment the very large craft just vanished from sight. No sound at all. It was pointed southwest."
The witness speculated.
"The craft just vanished. It could have some sort of way of becoming invisible."
One image was provided with the MUFON report, which was filed on January 6, 2013. The events occurred on November 12, 2012. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Tate County is located in northwest Mississippi, population 28, 886. The witness stated that the nearest large city from the sighting area was Memphis, TN.
Mississippi UFO coverage includes:
- Fifth cigar UFO case: Mississippi woman reports object 'right above trees'
- Mississippi family startled by UFO along rural road near Oxford
- Mississippi UFO caught on video as large group of helicopters surround the scene
Recent triangle UFO coverage includes:
- Low altitude silent black triangle UFO moves over Texas town
- Football field length triangle UFO reported moving over Texas town
- New York triangle UFO described with 'hard to define edges'
- Dark triangle UFO reported over California beach community
- Closed triangle UFO cases: September 2012 yields 17 reports
- Video: Christmas Day UFO hovers over Pennsylvania town
- Triangle UFO surface appeared 'shimmering' over Georgia town
- Pennsylvania witness says black triangle lacked 'normal lights'
- Kentucky witness says triangle UFO hovered 300 feet above roadway
- Video: Triangle UFO reported low over small Michigan town
- Black triangle UFO approaches witness silently in North Carolina
- UFO 'no joke' for Indiana Mom after second rural encounter
- Michigan couple encounters two low flying V-shaped objects
- Maryland witness describes large, low flying triangle UFO
- Four triangle UFOs over Jacksonville appear to scan ground
- Low flying triangle UFO coverage continues over Nebraska
- 'Huge triangle' UFO reported hovering over Missouri home
Mississippi is a current UFO ALERT 5 rating, with a low number of UFO sightings nationally. Mississippi had 2 reports in December 2012 - the 42nd highest reporting state while California had 75 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Mississippi MUFON State Director Richard Hoffman investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
November 11, 2012, Tate County, MS - Bright light hovering craft then gone. Case 45059.
1. I was in my automobile driving into town on a country road.
2. A very bright blinding light
3. I thought it was a jet about to fall out of the sky.
4. The craft just switched off its lights when I came to a stop in the road I had my i5phone so I jumped out and snapped a picture at that moment the very large craft just vanished from sight no sound at all. It was pointed s/w
5. My feelings were happy to have seen such a thing.
6. The craft just vanished it could have some sort of way of becoming invisible.
I have attached a picture I hope it helps in whatever you are trying to accomplish. The way I see it is how in the world can you investigate something like this that can just leave in the blink of an eye.