After those lazy days of summer, it can be hard to get back into the normal routine … including cooking dinner! This easy white wine lemon pasta recipe is perfect for this time of year because it’s still light enough for warm days, but the pasta makes it filling. With simple, healthy ingredients and minimal prep time, this is a dinner that will leave you feeling better than if you had reached for the take-out menu.
Ingredient note: While any spaghetti would do, Ronzoni® Healthy Harvest® was used here. This brand of pasta is a blend of durum whole wheat flour and semolina, resulting in lighter pasta than many other whole wheat brands. With three times the fiber of most regular pasta, a smaller portion is quite filling. It's low in fat, cholesterol and sodium-free, and even Heart-Check Certified by the American Heart Association.
- Approximately 6 oz. Ronzoni® Healthy Harvest® Spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced, plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed, then squeezed dry
- 1 ½ Tablespoons butter
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta about 2 minutes less than the “al dente” cooking time stated on the box (the pasta should be quite firm; it will continue to cook in the pan with the sauce).
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat just until garlic starts to brown.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in the wine.
- Replace pan on the stove and cook 1-2 minutes more, until wine is reduced by about half.
- Strain pasta, reserving ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid. Add pasta and reserved pasta cooking liquid to sauté pan and stir into the sauce.
- Add lemon slices, capers and butter and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, tossing and stirring constantly.
- Serve in portions or at the table directly from the pan, with lots of crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
- Makes 3-4 servings.
Like this recipe? Make sure you don't miss others like it. Subscribe to get instant updates, and you'll receive an e-mail every time I post a new article. Click the “subscribe” button in my bio section. You can also follow me on Facebook for more on food, recipes and restaurants in Philadelphia and Bucks County, PA. Like me at http://www.facebook.com/BucksCountyFoodRestaurantExaminer.
Want to share with a friend? Click the buttons at the top of this article to share on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. You can also e-mail a friend.
To see other recipes I’ve shared, click here. You’ll find other healthy weeknight dinner recipes such as Carrot Mac and Cheese and Citrus Chicken and Vegetable Fajitas, along with many other recipes to try in your kitchen.
If you’d like to read my articles focused on Bucks County restaurants, you can also subscribe to my Bucks County Restaurant page.